Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-Dub
Dec 28, 2004

The Gonz
I wish Richard Hammond was left at home for every segment of every show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Dub
Dec 28, 2004

The Gonz
I think that rally driver guy is The Stig. Previously Ben Collins appeared as himself while he was The Stig in a race against a mountain boarder. The thing that race had in common with the race against the jet man is the car lost and I don't think they would want to show The Stig losing.

G-Dub
Dec 28, 2004

The Gonz

jojoinnit posted:

So what, it was staged and Collins was supposed to lose?

No but I think they will always have an idea of the result. Perhaps it isn't always one take/the first take that gets shown either.

Ola posted:

"Car vs thing that isn't car" is never the Stig is it? Usually Hammond, sometimes May, sometimes guest driver.

Hmm, you do make a good point. But I like my theory so I'm sticking to it!

G-Dub
Dec 28, 2004

The Gonz
Hammond is a wank again for his hard on with certain manufacturers. If it isn't Porsche it's Morgan.

G-Dub
Dec 28, 2004

The Gonz

Ola posted:

Haha when I've seen that picture I thought it was Brian Cox who had his back to the camera. Also, bloody hell, fair enough that Nick Clegg is smaller than Cameron but carrying him around like that is very patronizing.

I told someone he was Brian Cox recently, during The Brits I think. Oops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Dub
Dec 28, 2004

The Gonz

Jut posted:

I'm guessing that the real reason is that they are budget strapped, and short of fresh ideas. Last season was pretty much piss poor, from the India special, to the two episodes that recycled material from the DVD and the PR fluff piece for the Sweeny. They need the break before they end up killing the show.

The real reason Simon Cowell does X-Factor is because Top Gear has ran out of ideas?