Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.
188 complaints out of 5 million+ viewers. .00376%. Sesame street does worse than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.

KuruMonkey posted:

On the flip side; when was the last time a government official complained about a sesame street episode? :ese:

You don't remember their homeless puppet? Or their HIV positive puppet?

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

kimbo305 posted:

I hope non-Americans watching this don't get the wrong ideas about those Cajuns and do get the right ideas about how delicious crawdads are.

How such backwards swamp-dwellers can make such good food is one of the biggest mysteries of the universe.

Pilsner posted:

I call it nonsense, almost as if they say it out of habit when reviewing a small car. Half of Europe does fine on the motorways in small cars without complaining.

It's partly that, but there's some truth to it. A shorter wheelbase is less stable at speed, and a lighter car winds up with a more direct steering feel. To someone who is used to driving a land barge with no steering feel the change can be disconcerting.

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

captainOrbital posted:

I think Top Gear US is more kid-friendly as it's sillier and a bit less...subtle?

American TV has no room for subtlety.