Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The first Top Gear episode I saw was the guys driving through Alabama, and I thought Clarkson was an insufferable rear end in a top hat. Then after watching some more episodes realized it's just his act and he's a genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ZippySLC posted:

I wish people would stop trying to psychoanalyze Clarkson or figure out Stuart Lee or whatever his name is and either just:

a) Shut up and watch the show and enjoy it, or
b) Shut up and not watch the show, and don't post in threads saying how horrible Clarkson is or how much of his opinion is an "act."

It's a loving TV show. Everyone needs to get over themselves.

I wish people would stop telling people not to post in a discussion forum :colbert:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I was being sarcastic, but I yeah I can agree with you because it has been beaten to death here before.

Maybe we should just stick to new season discussion instead of arguing whether or not Clarkson is serious or just putting on an act, which would go on for page after page if sigtrap let it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'm hoping Clarkson gets his hands on the Juke R, it would be interesting to hear what he thinks about it.....Unless Nissan is too scared he'll say it's better than the GTR :v:

Also they gotta have at least one cheap car challenge this season I hope.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

otaku69 posted:

Tell me who do you think I meant, when I said "they are dirty" And also gently caress you and the 12 year old child you rode in on you human being.

Cool, internet racist tough guy itt.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I just saw a Top Gear episode with Hammond in a Daytona Coupe racing James in a boat to a bar in some coastal city in Italy. Can somebody tell which season/episode that was?

The Daytona was so :allears:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just saw the episode with the Singer Porsche, James gave it props. Such an awesome car, good to see it get some recognition on Top Gear.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Shut up.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Or they could come to the US and take over the show on the History channel :v:

As far as the argument of watching the show for the hosts or cars, because I'm a gearhead I like both, but my wife likes to watch it with me because she thinks they're funny. I imagine a large part of the audience watches because of the hosts/comedy and couldn't really care less about the cars.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

cloudchamber posted:

Britain's international image does not rest on the BBC producing seven hours of footage of Clarkson pissing around a year.

Pretty sure Britain's international image is just tea and crumpets, nothing to worry about.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Dream Team: Saul Goodman, Joe Dirt, and Luke Duke.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

"Tonight on Netflix Super Gear! Watch what happens when I drive through Alabama shouting racial slurs with a dildo up my rear end!"

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Viper_3000 posted:

"How's that old rhyme go again? Eenie, wetback, slope, friend of the family?"

Months later...

Clarkson goes missing, found dead in an Alabama swamp by James May.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Mister Kingdom posted:

Graveyard Carz is the worst. The shop owner is a dick and they only work on MOPARs.

Well that's what the show is about, Mopars. If you love mopars like I do it's a great show.

Yeah the owner is weird (not really a dick) but he's a walking encyclopedia of mopar information and I wish I had his job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

DiggityDoink posted:

Yeah I don't really see the hate in only working on one brand of car. My uncle's old place was called All Ford and Chrysler and he only worked on those because he had worked at both of those dealerships over the years and was super familiar with all their poo poo.

I worked for a friend that had a shop called Just Miata for two years and he made a living doing that for quite awhile.

He could have had a TV show too because he was loving bipolar and would throw temper tantrums over nothing, guess why I quit and stopped being his friend :v: