Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

wolrah posted:

the Cheap Convertible Challenge from series 16 where they all bought E30s
Cliché, I know, but I always wondered why they didn't get Miatas. They can't be more expensive than a BMW, can they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
I'm sure this isn't really possible due to all the drat commercials the American version has (it's literally 20 minutes shorter than the UK), but I really want to see the build-up phase of the cheap car challenges. This movie one could have been better if they had shown Tanner screwing those hinges onto the doors or Rutledge gluing all those drat buttons onto the dash. And I was kinda surprised when Adam mentioned that his Duster had a six. I guess when you only have two grand you can't even get a 318, huh? (Or proper brakes, holy poo poo.)

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

neckbeard posted:

For over $100K it's not hard to see why they're [Fisker] running into problems financially. If that type of car/system could be deployed for somewhere in the $50-80K range, that'd be great, though it would mean they'd probably have to comprimise on all the organic materials and/or do some platform sharing and parts bin materials.
It looked like they were already delving into some parts bins. That turn signal stalk looked a hell of a lot like a recent GM piece.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Philip J Fry posted:

This one?

(from the TV/IV thread)

You son of a bitch.

(Audi-censored the best bit! :argh:)

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
If they have to bleep out a swear, it's not scripted.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

davebo posted:

Is it not basically the Rio 5 door? I thought they were pretty similar but I don't know the details.

Wikipedia sez:

Wikipedia posted:

The Cee’d is Kia’s first European designed and built car. The company says that it’s a European car for European people and it won’t be on sale in other parts of the world. [...] The Cee'd is currently available only in European markets (as the Kia Forte, already sold outside Europe would then be in direct competition with the Cee'd) and in Iran and South Africa, where it was imported in August 2009.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

I said come in! posted:

I had been dying to see the F12 review since last year. Was not disappointed. Jeremy Clarkson as always gave a great review.

I actually said to myself something I thought May or Hammond would say: "So, you're saying that the Ferrari would be better if it were worse?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
I was agape during that whole segment. Honestly though, wouldn't it be amazingly :smug: to say, "Yeah, I got undertaken today by an F1 car on the way home from the shops"?