Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slimbo
Apr 16, 2006
Aberdeen's Silver-Tongued Cavalier

KozmoNaut posted:

gently caress the special, I just bought my ticket to the greatest show on Earth :)

I'm all giddy with excitement!

I went to this in London in November, it was a bit disappointing really. You've got about an hour or so of track action (the Group B rally cars were awesome), then had to sit about for 5 hours where the only thing you could do was go to the exhibition stall and browse lots of automotive companies selling stuff, then the arena show which lasts about an hour which was entertaining enough.

Their motorised stage was quite cool though:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimbo
Apr 16, 2006
Aberdeen's Silver-Tongued Cavalier

Cat Terrist posted:

I would have thought the thing the Indians would have arced up about was the use of Bombay instead of its real name Mumbai. That really surprised me as that is a very touchy issue to the residents of said city as to a great many it brings back memory of the British occupation and all the unplesantness that bought with it. Everything else was frankly barely minor and just silly.

Not really sure what Clarkson or the BBC were thinking with that one

I know at least a dozen people from Mumbai, they all call it Bombay.