Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dr Tasty posted:

Based on "Haven't you already learned how to restore someone's heart after it's been lost?" and Donald getting ganked* in that one scene, I'm betting we'll be fighting his heartless and nobody as boss battles.

*if that's what it is, if how goofy dying in kh2 is any indicator. "Goofy, didn't you just die back there?" "A-hyuck, gwarsh, what are you talkin about? I just got dinged on the noggin"

Oh, there's no way in hell Disney is going to let them get away with that. Whatever happens to Donald is going to be temporary at best (though the question is how far are they going to take it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Donald's rage and darkness manifests into the 14th vessel for Xehanort.

He's now voiced by Don Cheadle.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

SyntheticPolygon posted:

We played as Mickey in KH2 and it’ll happen again in KH 3.

I didn’t. :smug:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Funky Valentine posted:

Donald's rage and darkness manifests into the 14th vessel for Xehanort.

He's now voiced by Don Cheadle.

:bisonyes:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Also from the trailer, Luxord apparently trapping Mickey inside his cards. Where did that sudden surge of competence come from?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

lezard_valeth posted:

Also from the trailer, Luxord apparently trapping Mickey inside his cards. Where did that sudden surge of competence come from?

Luxord has been endowed with the power of being Nomura's favorite Org. XIII member.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Trailers need more Aqua.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

chumbler posted:

Trailers need more Aqua.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_LPJllaogU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That trailer made me actually sad. Nomura, give me the loving game. My friends need me to save them.

P cool confirming playable Riku though. I hope also Kairi.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

That trailer made me actually sad. Nomura, give me the loving game. My friends need me to save them.

P cool confirming playable Riku though. I hope also Kairi.

Kairi is definitely going to be the party member when you play as Lea. This series is going to disrespect her until the very end.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kairi's clearly not in Lea's party, because then he could easily do the QTE to save himself from Xemnas's Laser Rave.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Gibbering posted:

I want to believe that Axel and Kairi go on girl dates together all the time.

Vanitas keeps trying to join them and getting ditched.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Dr Tasty posted:

Based on "Haven't you already learned how to restore someone's heart after it's been lost?" and Donald getting ganked* in that one scene, I'm betting we'll be fighting his heartless and nobody as boss battles.

*if that's what it is, if how goofy dying in kh2 is any indicator. "Goofy, didn't you just die back there?" "A-hyuck, gwarsh, what are you talkin about? I just got dinged on the noggin"

gently caress, that would piss me off if it happened. Not because I particularly care about fighting Donald, but because the notion of any form of Donald surviving more than a single swipe of Sora's keyblade is straight up bullshit. Donald spent so much time incapacitated in battle during KH1&2 that he ought to be a heartless a few hundred times over by now.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Donald Duck is very powerful. Please respect him.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
When I needed you the most, Donald, I only saw one set of footprints..

"ZHAT'Z ZWHEN ZIE ZARRIWED ZHEW! AWWWWWZAGGAHGAHGHAHGA"

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I am just kinda glad Donald and Goofy are doing something more than being background characters.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Promoted to death

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dr Tasty posted:

Nadxold

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

hosed up that Act III of this game will be sora hunting down and killing Donald and Goofy, the two newest members of Org XIII

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Billzasilver posted:

hosed up that Act III of this game will be sora hunting down and killing Donald and Goofy, the two newest members of Org XIII

Foygoox and Xondlad, the real final bosses.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Zaa Boogie posted:

Foygox and Xondlad, the real final bosses.

FTFY. Too many Os.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Reason number 1 Sora is a great main character

Ansem shows up when he's just a dumb kid and tells him he knows nothing. His reaction is "gently caress you, I'm going to learn!"

Reason number 2,

Riku shows up on a pirate ship talking darkness poo poo. His reaction is

"You're stupid!"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Burkion posted:

Reason number 1 Sora is a great main character

Ansem shows up when he's just a dumb kid and tells him he knows nothing. His reaction is "gently caress you, I'm going to learn!"

Reason number 2,

Riku shows up on a pirate ship talking darkness poo poo. His reaction is

"You're stupid!"

Reason number 3,

Responding to Xigbar's accusation that Sora has no power that his friends didn't give him with "drat straight"

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Should I really be putting as much effort into Union X as I currently am? I reopened the game to see about working through it before 3 comes out. I got the KH3 Kairi medal that is basically allowing me to steamroll through the story quest by killing everything in one turn. I have jumped from a low level and like quest 170 to about level 217 and quest 448 and about a week.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

mateo360 posted:

Should I really be putting as much effort into Union X as I currently am? I reopened the game to see about working through it before 3 comes out. I got the KH3 Kairi medal that is basically allowing me to steamroll through the story quest by killing everything in one turn. I have jumped from a low level and like quest 170 to about level 217 and quest 448 and about a week.

I mean I dunno I played a little bit of it and it just felt like a lame autopilot mobile game to me but if you like it then there’s nothing wrong with that :shrug:

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

mateo360 posted:

There’s probably not much in the story that will be terribly important to the story of KH3 if that’s what you mean. The story quests are pretty much balanced around the state of the game from three years ago and never really catch up to the power increases that have been added. Anything that would pose a challenge is going to be in the events section.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
so if I have that super fat kairi medal that 3x buffs me and 3x debuffs everyone and then AoE's the screen i basically cant lose?

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

pretty much. the only hard things are proud mode (imposed medal/keyblade limits), pvp and expert level event quests

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The official KH Twitter account got norted. It apparently got suspended, and now that it's back, darkness has taken over.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

The official KH Twitter account got norted. It apparently got suspended, and now that it's back, darkness has taken over.

Is this the 13th Xehanort?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
You're to late.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wouldn’t really recommend the mobile game, I think it’s bad and boring and I’m gonna delete it once I get the keyblade from it in KH3.

I refuse to spend any money on it, and Japan is like months ahead anyways so if you want story stuff you’re best checking out the fan translations online.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Yeah the part that is addressed in KH3 won't even make it to the US until after KH3 is released.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Pug Rodeo posted:

Is this the 13th Xehanort?

Trextiwt

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So I've been replaying the KH games before KH3 comes out and I've finally come to Dream Drop Distance again. I gotta say being on the PS4 does wonders for this game. I felt like on the 3DS version my hands got cramped playing it often but everything feels much better with the DualShock. Flowmotion even feels kind of fun to do for me now.

I don't think I can ever fully be on board with 3D because of the Command Deck and the Drop system, but its certainly better now.

EDIT: Omg I forgot how loving stupid the Light Cycle segment is with Riku.

I'm not too fond of KH2's Light Cycle segments but this is 1000x worse.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 26, 2018

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The opening intro is making it's rounds around Youtube. Not gonna post the link (it's literally the first result you get from searching "Kingdom Hearts 3 Full Intro" on youtube, guess SE and Disney's lawyers were on a Xmas break), just gonna say that it plays out better than the sneak peak, but still not on Sanctuary's level of edition, or Simple and Clean's quality

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 26, 2018

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

lezard_valeth posted:

The opening intro is making it's rounds around Youtube. Not gonna post the link (it's literally the first result you get from searching "Kingdom Hearts 3 Full Intro" on youtube, guess SE and Disney's lawyers were on a Xmas break), just gonna say that it plays out better than the sneak peak, but still not on Sanctuary's level of edition, or Simple and Clean's quality

Found it via Google but it got taken down already.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Namine continues to get no respect.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I booted up the first game tonight! Uh, what the hell happened to Sora and Riku's parents? Riku's like "We may never see our parents again!" and then the world is exploded, and they never get mentioned again.
Guys, I'm beginning to think this plot doesn't make a lot of sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Zonko_T.M. posted:

I booted up the first game tonight! Uh, what the hell happened to Sora and Riku's parents? Riku's like "We may never see our parents again!" and then the world is exploded, and they never get mentioned again.
Guys, I'm beginning to think this plot doesn't make a lot of sense.

they didn't care about their parents, who were abusive. sora and riku were not allowed to play video games when they got bad grades, which was often