Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Can we get a rule about posts asking for "whycome my camera does _________________ (problem) that they be accompanied by a photo of said problem?

Makes it hard for internet camera engineers to guess what the issue is without one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
How angry would you get at me if I made a thread for critiquing posts in the non critique thread?

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Can't you already quote them and crit in PAD?

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

dukeku posted:

Can't you already quote them and crit in PAD?

yeah but I hate PAD

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Awkward Davies posted:

yeah but I hate PAD

I'm sure it hates you back.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Despair posted:

I'm sure it hates you back.

It does :(.

Okay so that was a stupid suggestion. Withdrawn.

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
Sorry if this has been asked before - I quickly searched the thread for some keywords and didn't find anything.

How would people feel about having a thread for local people to find each other. I'm mostly over in AI now, where there's a few different threads for different parts of the world. I've been meeting up with the New England AI people and it's been a lot of fun.

I was thinking of doing it like how TCC does (did?) it. I met some cool people from there years ago. We'd have one local thread everyone posts in something like this.

Name: OSP
Shoots: Film, Digital, Digital Video
Equipment: SLR (Minolta) DSLR (Sony)
Interested in: Geeking out. Buying cheap equipment. Finding someone with a darkroom.
Contact info: My username @gmail.com

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Opensourcepirate posted:

Sorry if this has been asked before - I quickly searched the thread for some keywords and didn't find anything.

How would people feel about having a thread for local people to find each other. I'm mostly over in AI now, where there's a few different threads for different parts of the world. I've been meeting up with the New England AI people and it's been a lot of fun.

I was thinking of doing it like how TCC does (did?) it. I met some cool people from there years ago. We'd have one local thread everyone posts in something like this.

Name: OSP
Shoots: Film, Digital, Digital Video
Equipment: SLR (Minolta) DSLR (Sony)
Interested in: Geeking out. Buying cheap equipment. Finding someone with a darkroom.
Contact info: My username @gmail.com

Feel free to post a thread or something, if it's great then awesome, if it sucks then gas :v:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
We had one of those, it got archived.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

8th-samurai posted:

We had one of those, it got archived.

Cant imagine why.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Just to clarify re: posting new threads.

If you have an idea for a thread and it's not like rules-bending or something, just post it. If it's good, it'll thrive. If not:

1) It will languish on page 2 with the Olympus thread
2) It might become the new Best Thread
3) If it's terrible I'll just no-probation-gas it or lock it

So really it's not that huge of a risk, there's no reason you have to check with me first (although you can if you want).

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
I mostly asked because I didn't know if it had been discussed / tried before.

I'll make a thread as soon as I make up a decent OP.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SoundMonkey posted:

1) It will languish on page 2 with the Olympus thread

nvr4gt :(

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

You fuckers still owe me for when I bumped it because it was a day from going to archives.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SoundMonkey posted:

You fuckers still owe me for when I bumped it because it was a day from going to archives.

Ha! :smug:

Like there's more than one of us!

:smith:

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
I actually have an E-PL1. I wanted something cheap to use with old film lenses.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

DJExile posted:

Ha! :smug:

Like there's more than one of us!

:smith:

I almost bought an OMD but then i took an arrow to the knee.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001
How about something like READ THE loving OP in the title of the Photo A Day thread?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

David Pratt posted:

How about something like READ THE loving OP in the title of the Photo A Day thread?

Did that, sorta. I still feel that people should be familiar with the rules of a thread that has existed for quite a while longer than Dorkroom even has, and has always had the same rule.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Opensourcepirate posted:

I actually have an E-PL1. I wanted something cheap to use with old film lenses.

That's OK, you can post in the mirrorless thread with the cool kids.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Can we have the bad photography thread back please? :comeback:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

He already brought back SAD.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

rio posted:

All of the threads are bad photography threads.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

rio posted:

No because it was low effort offsite helldump.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
Where did this color/black and white photography thread come from? They seem to overlap other threads in the forum entirely. I don't particularly care whether it stays or goes, but I am curious behind the thought process that created the threads.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

rcman50166 posted:

I am curious behind the thought process that created the threads.

You and me both.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

rcman50166 posted:

thought process ... created threads.

What what?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

rcman50166 posted:

Where did this color/black and white photography thread come from? They seem to overlap other threads in the forum entirely. I don't particularly care whether it stays or goes, but I am curious behind the thought process that created the threads.

:justpost::respek::owned:

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
What bad ideas for threads, i hope the people who posted them feel bad.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

rcman50166 posted:

I made the color one as a joke after the B&W one, and SOMEONE reopened it after I closed it

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Can we make an elite bling thread where we can only post images shot through Leitz/Zeiss glass? I feel like we need a safe place to talk about our custom soft-touch shutter releases made out of melted down Nazi gold.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

aliencowboy posted:

Can we make an elite bling thread where we can only post images shot through Leitz/Zeiss glass? I feel like we need a safe place to talk about our custom soft-touch shutter releases made out of melted down Nazi gold.

Less dumb than the "post every b&w pic on your flickr" or the "post every color pic on your flickr" threads.

e. is voigtlander cool enough to fit in?

e2. we can call it "no poors allowed: the good pics thread" or "rule 36 is bannable here: good pics by cool people"

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Only if we can have a thread of pictures taken through plastic lenses won from a 25 cent claw grab game.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

aliencowboy posted:

Agreed, I don't feel safe posting my Zeiss™ images in threads with plebes.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Mr. Despair posted:

e. is voigtlander cool enough to fit in?

You disgust me.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

xzzy posted:

Only if we can have a thread of pictures taken through plastic lenses won from a 25 cent claw grab game.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

aliencowboy posted:

You disgust me.

I'm sorry you don't know who makes the good lenses.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Mr. Despair posted:

I'm sorry you don't know who makes the good lenses.

WWF

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Now I remember why most forums lock their rules thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

Now I remember why most forums lock their rules thread.

Because most forums are filled with idiot bitch fuckers, unlike the cool persons that post in this subforum?