Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tempest815
Oct 7, 2006

FALCON PUNCH!!
I'm at the point where I'd really like critique but I'm not sure WHICH of the threads to post my stuff in and see what happens. I'm just starting out, perhaps Dorkroom 101? I also shoot mostly film and I haven't gotten comfortable with my 30D yet to really use it full time. I've been shooting film for like 18 months but digital for less than 3. So Dorkroom 101 could be like the antithesis of MSD3K if you wanna look at it that way. It'd also give a place to pull from the Newbie photo contest if you're gonna go the GWS route (which I think would be amazing, getting feedback from GBS/the forum at large being laypeople would be interesting).

I also find myself going here first for technical stuff. The silver halide thread is how I learned black and white processing cheap and easy before I ever took a photo course and I really got a lot out of it. So maybe like more technical threads for those of us who are still real new.

Also if we already have it, or don't, an IRC would be great. Just a place to bullshit and get quick stuff answered without making GBS threads up threads/creating a massive quick question thread that'd get huge immediately.

fake edit: yeah I just checked I don't see a Dorkroom on SynIRC. But holy poo poo there's like 15 loving pony channels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempest815
Oct 7, 2006

FALCON PUNCH!!

King Hotpants posted:

It's #creatives.

Ah, got it. Thanks, takes care of one bit.

Tempest815
Oct 7, 2006

FALCON PUNCH!!

Mannequin posted:

Can someone unban me from this please? It's stupid. I just want to talk about photography from time to time. I drunk-posted 2 years ago and said some dumb things, but it's over with. Let's move on?

Yeeeeah, I'm kinda sorry I brought IRC up now because IRC drama should stay in IRC, I feel. Sorry man.

Tempest815
Oct 7, 2006

FALCON PUNCH!!

SoundMonkey posted:

Thunderdome is reborn!

This is probably a good idea, anyone have any further suggestions for it?

Make it special edition competition where X people get nominated, then have to work in genres/formats they typically don't. Like a bonus round of the competition you were throwing around.

Tempest815
Oct 7, 2006

FALCON PUNCH!!

torgeaux posted:

Where did BradIndustry go? Looked at our mods, and he's not listed. Saw that he hasn't posted since October.

His home planet needed him. He will me missed*

*(BradIndustry died on the way to his home planet)