Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

The problem I have is, what if you want to share your general stuff and see other people's stuff but you don't want to critique or get critiqued? I like SAD because I can flip through lots of cool photos without having to think critically, and I can post without having my work critiqued, which sometimes I find helpful, but mostly I find isn't helpful at all and is often just asking me to adhere to certain photography "rules". That's why I don't post in PAD anyways. If there's something someone feels really strongly about they'll post it in SAD anyways.

I know part of the problem is that everyone wants their work critiqued and doesn't want to critique (although I am the opposite). Maybe a thread where once a week or once a month one user's photo or set of photos is critiqued by everyone? I think dorkroom is small enough that that could work, allow for a good rotation and ensure each person who signs up gets tons of critique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

I've always been bothered by idea that some photos are considered "too good" to post in the snapshot thread. I figure, if I go on a photowalk for fun and take snapshots it should go in the snapshot thread right? And projects/tests/etc should go in PAD? Or is that everything "good" needs to go in PAD (even if you don't want critique) and only bad snapshots/cat pics should go in SAD?

Because I kind of just want to dump photos to share with people, though I don't mind writing a bit about technique and thoughts each time, I don't want to have to (or be strongly encouraged to) get critique on any ol' snapshot. What determines what's good enough that it should go in PAD?

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

Ok, thanks for the clarification :)