Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Dread Head posted:

The only real thing that had come to mind was prints really but if there are other things I could see it being broken out. I think you may have to see how much traffic its gets to see if we need multiple threads.

Not selling related directly, but I would love to trade photobooks with people. They're expensive, but looking at amazing art is something everyone can do more of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Mannequin posted:

That's dumb. Kefkafloyd and Soundmonkey are also dumb for implementing such a rule. And if you're going to do something like that you should warn people in advance. I helped start the drat chat room 2.5 years ago. But whatever. You people do what you want.

It's ok Manny, we can start a #bannedfromnumberc.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Yeah since posting that I've rethought it, no one is going to mail their $150-oversized-and-heavy-as-hell photobooks to strangers on the internet based on faith.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Suicide Watch posted:

I went to the Lumiere Museum in Lyon this past winter holiday and one of the things the Lumiere brothers did to prove cinematography's role in the art world was by recreating famous painted scenes using film.

Photography's been proven multiple times to be an effective means of artistic output, but how about a thread to recompose famous paintings using photographs?

http://www.booooooom.com/2011/10/04/remake-submissions/

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Sorry if this is the wrong place but is there a dedicated forum to digital film-making/ the cameras to use for film-making? I tried over in IYG but couldn't find anything. Thanks.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3144982

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
What bad ideas for threads, i hope the people who posted them feel bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

aliencowboy posted:

Can we make an elite bling thread where we can only post images shot through Leitz/Zeiss glass? I feel like we need a safe place to talk about our custom soft-touch shutter releases made out of melted down Nazi gold.

Agreed, I don't feel safe posting my Zeiss™ images in threads with plebes.