Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
The PAD/SAD thing has been going on since Dorkroom opened up. The problem is that I feel lazy along with other people. It's easy to dump a picture to SAD, if it hits a chord then you get some praise. There's no downside to posting in SAD for the average poster.

What if PAD just became a critique thread for anyone to post individual photos and our little Dorkroom community tries it's hardest to give them good feedback. To keep it from being too spammy, it should be limited to one image at a time or a series of 3-5 which tell a story or have a reason behind multiple images. Posting does not require critique because those that need the most help often don't know where to start. Have a warning to not take critique personally, be brave, and have an open mind.

Posters should be encouraged to post whatever they feel like. They should not be afraid to post point and shoot beaches or HDR tone mapped rusty trucks. Everyone starts there, so we should just welcome as many people as possible, then show them a better way to produce images.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
Tonight I started Criticizing Photographs http://www.amazon.com/Criticizing-Photographs-Introduction-Understanding-Images/dp/0072977434 again. I think it was 2 years ago we started a thread to work through it together, but most people didn't read it, myself included. If I can finish it, I will start another thread and hope to facilitate some kind of discussion from it.

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
I've always wanted to recreate Raphael's Three Graces