Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schofferhofer
Oct 7, 2010
I don't post in SAD (or read it) because it's just photos and I get just photos from my Flickr.

I don't post in PAD because nobody posts there anymore and I cbf. Also a lot of the stuff in there I don't know and wouldn't critique. Like landscapes.

I just post my street photos in the street thread and my MF in the MF thread. But I'm missing photos because people aren't posting their photos in the respective threads. Mannequin crossposts which is the ideal solution but most people don't.

More project threads is a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schofferhofer
Oct 7, 2010
Yes but I hate getting half assed critiques and so I don't like giving them either. If there are images in there that are more geared towards what I shoot then I'll critique those but they're usually not on the page I'm posting on and/or have already received lots of comments.

So I just don't.

Schofferhofer
Oct 7, 2010
A project logbook thread would be interesting.

I'm starting my mf project in the new year and would really like to have a place to post samples and short updates/writeups.

Plus it would be good to test the waters and gauge reactions.

Schofferhofer
Oct 7, 2010
Is there enough interest to get the ball rolling on a book review thread?

I can't remember if I started one here ages ago or if it was somewhere else and I know that we have an entire forum devoted to books on sa but tbb peeps have no idea about photography.

Also would be a good place to post a few drafts of reviews that I'm currently doodling for recent photobook purchases.

Schofferhofer
Oct 7, 2010
Yeah but other than those books nothing would ever get traded. It'd just be a case of having fifty copies of UE floating around America and nothing else.

So only of interest to guys from America who don't know how to photo and are cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schofferhofer
Oct 7, 2010
Just to check: is it worth writing up an OP for a projects thread?