Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001

SoundMonkey posted:

At this point I'm gonna say yes (ie, yes it would be breaking a rule), but it's something I'd thought of and don't have a great solution for yet, so stay tuned I guess.

What's the reasoning behind the "no critique" rule in the new SAD? How does excluding any photos in it from recieving critique, even in another thread, help the photographers here in any way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001
I concur with Hornaday and torgeaux.

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001
We have "CRITIQUE PROHIBITED" in the title of the low-effort thread, how about "CRITIQUE MANDATORY" in PAD's title?

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001
I'm sad to see it go too. This is "Something Awful" after all, and what distinguishes us from yet-another-photography forum is our shared dark sense of humour and willingness to mercilessly make fun of dreadful photos.

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001

dukeku posted:

What's the point of talking about awful photos?
Because it's funny and this is a humour website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001
How about something like READ THE loving OP in the title of the Photo A Day thread?