Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quazi
Apr 19, 2002

data control
How about this?

Rename SAD to "Dorkroom Image Dump". You can't post any text, except photo titles or flickr captions. You could reply to a post, but only with another photo. If you just want to say "cool photo, bro!", go to flickr and add it to favorites. (I think that's the "cool photo bro" button.)

If somebody wants to sit down and construct a critique for a photo -- even if it's in SAD, put it in PAD.

PAD wouldn't absolutely require people to critique, but it would require all posts to "further the discussion" -- you can interpret that however you like. Don't require anybody to post in five-paragraph essay format; but don't let anybody come in, dump a mess of photos, and bail. PAD should exist somewhere between those two extremes.

SoundMonkey posted:

I'd hope that we could get something like GWS's Iron Chef / Newbie Iron Chef thing going on - everyone welcome in both, but if you're doing really well in one, there's some encouragement to move to the other.
I don't know. There's something fun about seeing the beginners and seasoned pros all mixed up in the same thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU