Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Initially, I liked the idea of going PAD only, but I agree with Awkward Davies that it's really sterilized this forum. Yeah, SAD was essentially a tumblr, but it also helped unify the Dorkroom as a community.

I guess we'll see how the current incarnation of SAD works out, but personally, I think it's kind of retarded trying figure out a perfect way of running SAD and PAD parallel from each other. Why not just have one thread and if you want critique, ask for it? People are more than willing to help others out if they need it. Sure, some posts will probably slip through the cracks but it happens with a good portion of the posts in PAD anyway. I don't see the point of discouraging discussion of a snapshot if it's merited; PAD isn't always the place for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Yes, if only we could find ways to have less discussion on these forums.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Can we make an elite bling thread where we can only post images shot through Leitz/Zeiss glass? I feel like we need a safe place to talk about our custom soft-touch shutter releases made out of melted down Nazi gold.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Mr. Despair posted:

e. is voigtlander cool enough to fit in?

You disgust me.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

xzzy posted:

Only if we can have a thread of pictures taken through plastic lenses won from a 25 cent claw grab game.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Mr. Despair posted:

I'm sorry you don't know who makes the good lenses.

WWF

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

In all seriousness, would anyone else be interested in an instant photography thread? There's been an influx of Instax posts lately and with a little more awareness, it might get drum up enough enthusiasm for people to go out and buy one or run a pack of really expensive film through their parents' lovely Polaroid 600 for funsies. I'm probably not the most knowledgeable on the subject, but if no one else wants to make the thread, I can put some research into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

SoundMonkey posted:

Straight OOC, you say?

im a snyper with a helluva scope