Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Schofferhofer posted:

Is there enough interest to get the ball rolling on a book review thread?

I can't remember if I started one here ages ago or if it was somewhere else and I know that we have an entire forum devoted to books on sa but tbb peeps have no idea about photography.

Also would be a good place to post a few drafts of reviews that I'm currently doodling for recent photobook purchases.

I saw somebody mention they wanted a book trading thread. It'd be awesome if we could have a thread for book reviews and trading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Revolucion posted:

And i would be more than happy for you to do that. The poo poo storm that comes with digital art in this subforum is a turn off, i shall have a poke around CC first and see if there is a better place there. Cheers!

You should keep doing what you do and I think it has a place in the Dorkroom. Your thread might need to have some ground rules to keep it from getting out of hand, though. I think that if there's a thread dedicated to this kind of work then the idiots who complain about it can avoid it, and anybody who enters the thread just to poo poo on it can be probated or worse.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

the posted:

Could we have a photojournalism thread?

I would love to know the stories behind a lot of photos that people post in PAD, but they usually are given with short sentences.

It'd be cool to have an [Effort] thread where people post photo(s) of someone or something and a long story about the subject that's at least a paragraph or two in length.

You could also just ask the people in PAD to talk about the photos you're interested in.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Saint Fu posted:

I feel the desire to post low effort critiques somewhere. Things like, "I like this" or "Meh" or " :gizz: ". I think it is important for people who post their photos to know what pictures other people just plain old like and don't like. Is there a place for this type of thing without breaking rule #4?

Most people use flickr. You can always go fave their shots, which is what I do in this scenario.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
Maybe make people not get butthurt when others disagree with them? Of course, this is the Internet.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

ansel autisms posted:

If I could make a new dorkroom rule it'd be rcman50166 stay out

There's even precedent.

SoundMonkey posted:

Poster "Wario In Real Life" is no longer allowed to post in Dorkroom, since he contributes nothing of value, has posted like two photos in his entire life, and has a rapsheet longer than the rules list in the OP. If you see him post after Oct 29, 2013, please use the report button with extreme prejudice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

rcman50166 posted:

I don't think my photos are good, either. But I am trying to get better. :)

Working on your posting would be more productive.