Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I've planned plenty of trips around a single photo. I don't sell them, I do it as a hobby, but I'm still going to put the work in to make sure it comes out as good as it can, and in landscape photography, that means going out at the right time to get the right light.

It's like telling someone who likes taking portraits of friends that they shouldn't take a flash anywhere because that's too much effort for a hobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I basically treat SAD as a place where I get to see the photos posted in the threads that I don't read, which are often excellent.

But then again I had nothing against the old SAD, but now I don't have to scroll through posts I don't care about. On the other hand, I too have often wanted to say "hey that's a good shot" to someone in SAD but haven't done so.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
But then there probably would have only been one book and what would Peter Jackson do then?

Oh yeah still make three movies out of it I guess.