Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

Doug did a bunch of sit downs in bookstores and on periscope, he admitted his best road stories couldn't be tied in with the mother book, so the next one will be even better. Makes me really have second thoughts about the guy, the mother book is pretty loving weak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I liked the Louie Anderson interview a lot, but I wish he had gotten into his personal life a little bit. I'm interested in the whole Family Feud firing fiasco and whatnot.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Drunkboxer posted:

I liked the Louie Anderson interview a lot, but I wish he had gotten into his personal life a little bit. I'm interested in the whole Family Feud firing fiasco and whatnot.

He goes into a bit more detail in his Fresh Air interview. I recommend checking that out.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The Berzerker posted:

Chris Gethard owns and is cool and nice. His comedy is super honest and genuine. I have not watched much TCGS but I like everything else about him... I might try TCGS sometime... probably not. Too much backlog

Do what I did, friend: Just watch the Fusion/IFC episodes on Youtube. Only 2 seasons. And I like the show personally.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Lupe, huh.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That was an interesting interview with Jeff Goldblum. Was interesting to hear Jeff's acting style and how he got there, rather than going through his IMDB list.

The John C. Reilly interview felt a bit uncomfortable, I guess due to Reilly's disinterest in being interviewed.

The Dweezil Zappa mini interview was an eye opener, the way he mother treated both him and Frank's legacy.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

The Neil Young interview highlighted everything I've grown to dislike about him with his railing against anything from factory farming to digital effects pedals.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

So Maron is done after 4 seasons by Maron's own decision. For a grounded Louie-ripoff that starred a guy with essentially zero acting experience in every scene (and featured too many scenes where his co-stars were also comics with no acting chops), it wasn't that bad of a show. 1st season was pretty rocky, especially the storyline about his young GF. But it got a lot better.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

So Maron is done after 4 seasons by Maron's own decision. For a grounded Louie-ripoff that starred a guy with essentially zero acting experience in every scene (and featured too many scenes where his co-stars were also comics with no acting chops), it wasn't that bad of a show. 1st season was pretty rocky, especially the storyline about his young GF. But it got a lot better.

I've only watched the first episode of that series. I'll give it another run next month on Netflix when I have time off work to devote to binge watching

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

It's been bugging the poo poo out of me that I can't remember who it was but could one of you tell me who covered "Masters of War" on the podcast?

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

First seasons are usually weak, but I didn't think it was all that bad. Kinda bummed that there won't be any more. I really liked the show.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I'm happy with the show ending in 4 seasons. Season 4 seemed like it took a turn to not being really biographical anymore and kind of surreal - Dave making GBS threads himself to avoid a hug, doing his internal dialogue debate with a copy of himself etc.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I liked this show. I think I watched through S3. I'll definitely watch it all over again in a less-intoxicated state than I was in for the first round!

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I love that Michael Ian Black gave him poo poo about it on twitter today.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Those two are a great couple.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Marc Maron is furious on twitter at a couple entertainment outlets and news sites that said his show got cancelled. Also he's being a petty dick as usual.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I give Marc a little more lee-way than I do someone who uses Twitter to preach race war and to laugh at dead blacks. Anthony Cumia, I'm looking at you.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I've heard maybe five minutes of O&A before, does this guy usually spend his time unironically calling people beta cucks or did BLM break his brain?

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Im pretty sure he was always a supershitty dumb racist even before he started talking about black people being animals and wanting to kill them

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I've heard maybe five minutes of O&A before, does this guy usually spend his time unironically calling people beta cucks or did BLM break his brain?

Obama broke his brain. That's when the show became completely unlistenable. He always made racist jokes but they seemed playful in nature until Obama won his first term and Anthonys true feelings took over the show.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

JFC posted:

I love that Michael Ian Black gave him poo poo about it on twitter today.

I think it's an inside joke because The Hollywood Reporter ran a headline MARON CANCELLED AFTER 4 SEASONS without taking 2 minutes to to call Marc or his manager or his IFC to confirm if it was cancelled or ended by him. He then got pissy on twitter to the journalist.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Eric Andre is cool

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah, today's episode with Eric Andre was a proclick. The ep with Roseanne was also good. Dude's been getting a lotta people I wasn't into recently, and these two and the Billy Crystal episode he mentioned recording, I'm all up for that.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I've got the Eric Andre episode queued up for tomorrow. Any episode notes that start, "(guest) and Marc did not like each other" is a must listen.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

The Werner Herzog interview was a little weird but very entertaining.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Just announced that Maron will be playing the male lead in Jenji Cohen's new Netflix show opposite Allison Brie. Very excited to see that considering how surprisingly good an actor he was on his show.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
For more context, it's the story of Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling, or GLOW, and he gets to play the sleazy promoter. It should be pretty interesting.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
The Robert Kelly episode was really good. One of the best interviews he's done in the entire run of the podcast.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
The Ron Perlman episode is essential. He tells an amazing Marlon Brando story.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Even if you have no idea who Geoff Tate is, the interview is pretty interesting. They seem to bond over having horrible narcissistic fathers and I find Tate's gruff trucker voice and odd cadence very soothing.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Ariza posted:

Even if you have no idea who Geoff Tate is, the interview is pretty interesting. They seem to bond over having horrible narcissistic fathers and I find Tate's gruff trucker voice and odd cadence very soothing.

Geoff Tate is also a very funny comic (and a super nice dude from my single interaction with him). If you enjoyed him, he's a regular guest on Doug Loves Movies.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Of all the Dana Carvey podcast appearances that came about recently, I think his one with Marc was the best one. You can tell he's a dude who so wants to stray from the comfort zone of doing the same act he's always been known for, he's just not done it yet. He has this idea that hey here's what people know me for and what they've come to see, so I'll keep doing that. He's also surprisingly open about what a lovely childhood he had.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I love how he asks Marc if he has to say something at the end a la Pete Holmes making guests say Keep It Crispy.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I love how he asks Marc if he has to say something at the end a la Pete Holmes making guests say Keep It Crispy.

Cris Hardwick made him say "enjoy your burrito" in a funny voice (can't remember who he was impersonating) at the end of his Nerdist appearance.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I honestly just wanted to hear the details of his childhood. It's painful and lovely and awful, I get it, but I always am fascinated to hear that famous people had hosed up stuff happen to them too. I also wanted to hear a solid reason for him walking away, like Rick Moranis.

Good, good interview.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

rotinaj posted:

I honestly just wanted to hear the details of his childhood. It's painful and lovely and awful, I get it, but I always am fascinated to hear that famous people had hosed up stuff happen to them too. I also wanted to hear a solid reason for him walking away, like Rick Moranis.

Good, good interview.

It was interesting to hear him just be like yeah so I made some really lovely choices but got paid well, then just did corporate gigs for the money.

Also interesting to hear him talk about, albeit briefly, Williams stealing stuff. He has a very diplomatic view of it.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Yeah, that Dana interview was amazing. I barely knew anything about him outside of SNL and the Wayne's World movies (and maybe Master of Disguise), but to hear his story about his childhood was pretty gut wrenching. Reminds me a bit of the David Spade interview.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I thought the bit about how they filmed the Turtle club scene in Master of Disguise on 9/11/06 and held a moment of silence for the victims very moving

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I know this is way old news but holy poo poo the Gallagher interview... I pulled it up on youtube and used someone's skip-the-preamble timestamp and thought they must have mistimed it but no, dude was irate from the first second. How is he even still alive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I know this is way old news but holy poo poo the Gallagher interview... I pulled it up on youtube and used someone's skip-the-preamble timestamp and thought they must have mistimed it but no, dude was irate from the first second. How is he even still alive?

I think hate keeps him alive and running

• Locked thread