Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I like WTF. Listened to just about all of them. I get tired of him talking about his career but his insights are cool. Nothing mind blowing but enjoyable and great when I'm working. I don't get the obsession with him though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Something about Marc really grates on me but he's the best when talking to someone like Craig Ferguson or Anthony Bordain because of their shared drug experiences. I was disappointed by Chris Elliot and Paula Poundstone, two of my first and favorite comedians. He goes into shop talk about the specific industry stuff that becomes name dropping for 20 minutes about stuff only they can relate to.

Mindy Kaling was the most boring WTF. I have tried to listen to it so many times.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I saw Cabin Boy the theaters and the original run of Get of Life. I like Chris Elliot. But Marc's interview with him was just bland and pointless. I didn't feel like I learned anything about Chris, which I think Marc gets so into his relationship with his guests that if they aren't bestest buds or mortal enemies, it sounds like two old geezers reminiscing about poo poo no one cares about.

I think Marc works harder when he doesn't know or doesn't like the guest. But when he knows or likes them, he kind of rambles or sucks up to them and all that neurosis because annoying.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

That Ron Shock interview was ultimate Maron. That's was a cool old dude! I must have missed it the first time around, though I had premium.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

People know who Brand is but no one cares outside of Hollywood.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

FYI: One is short for one love.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

The JB Smooth interview was really good. He really made some good points in a classically comedic way. His little stories had a point and he worked his jokes back into the interview. I was impressed.

Tony Millionaire was pretty good until he discussed his parents and it became weird as hell. Funny/art people are hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Listening to the Fiona Apple podcast made my head hurt. Marc lets his guest drive and she was driving all over the place. I don't think I laughed.

• Locked thread