Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I think he's mostly settled down and worked out whatever issues he had with his peers. When he started WTF it was at a time of personal & professional crisis and he was looking for an outlet. It's basically a standard interview show at this point, still good, but not the incisive psychodrama of the early years. I don't see another CK or Robin Williams deep exploration, or Mencia/Gallagher-type of expose happening ever again. Plus, he's now in his mid-late 50s, keeping up the whole angsty thing isn't really healthy at that age.

Personally I think he should do more acting; he was great in GLOW and the last couple seasons of the Maron TV show were fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Maron's obsession with Bowie is up there with his Lorne fixation. I remember him in the early days of WTF talking about how Bowie would be his dream guest, and just like with Lorne, he would bring up the subject with any guest who had even passing acquaintance with the guy. Of course he got his Lorne interview but will never have that chance with Bowie. :smith:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I feel like enough time has passed, and frankly Stewart's been away from the limelight for awhile, barring his pop ups on Colbert, that a WTF appearance doesn't seem as impossible as it was a few years ago. Maron has performed a 180 personality wise since starting the podcast.

Seinfeld would be boring as hell; he is so far up his own rear end now that he can't even see daylight.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Ok, I have read and heard Maron talking about the same sort of thing with Stewart going back to when WTF first kind of blew up so assumed that quote was from awhile back. If it was this year then clearly things aren't better, so :shrug: . In short, Marc Maron is a land of contrasts.

• Locked thread