Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Woah, Will Ferrell is on next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Juttman posted:

Whats your source for this?

The Lou Barlow podcast, during the intro/Maron's pissing and moaning about his Dad.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Transistor Rhythm posted:

Yep. This was one of the best shows I've ever heard.

I know he has had issues with drugs, but I didn't realise it was meth.

I've seen Sebadoh and Dinosaur Jr quite a few times now, but maybe a year or two ago I saw Lou Barlow doing a solo show for the first time. It was great, I don't really get into his solo albums much and he was reluctant to do Sebadoh songs, but it was a small crowd, intimate venue and he was hilarious just bantering with the crowd. Talking about everything, dramas with his Mother, Evan Dando, watching people cover his music on youtube etc. He has a set list of about 3 songs and the rest is just what the crowd wants to hear.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Yes, every professional musician has a 2 year crystal meth bender that leaves them with permanent tics.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
It was great to hear a subdued Will Ferrell talking about his upbringing and early career, etc. Just seeing a big celebrity talking about these things that never come up in the usual interviews which are all soft-headed promotional guff.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
There's about 20 minutes of navel gazing and the whole Moon Unit romance story at the start of the Ron White podcast.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
The Chris Cornell podcast is very good. Of course Marc is shoehorning in addiction as much as he can.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Bob Mould this week. From Husker Du, Sugar and a lot of decent solo stuff.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

theradiostillsucks posted:

Hopefully Marc can wring a decent interview out of him, his appearance on Bullseye a while back was fairly underwhelming, and I say that as fan and someone who was spinning Flip Your Wig last night.

http://www.npr.org/event/music/338878101/bob-mould-tiny-desk-concert?autoplay=true

Also did NPR Tiny Desk.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Robin Williams episode is being re-uploaded within the hour by Marc :/

Up now.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I can't get the mp3 to work in VLC. Both from wtfpod.com and the libsyn site. Also the streaming on the libsyn site doesn't work for me at all. I had to stream it off of wtfpod.com.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Ms Pat podcast is up.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Maybe a third of the way through "Attempting Normal" right now and I like it so far. It's pretty much what you'd expect if you're familiar with Marc at all; coke, bipolar dad, eating disorder mother, cats, guitars, broken marriages, etc.

The writing has the same 'voice' as his stand up stuff without being transcriptions of bits that he does on stage. Fairly short chapters, jumping from topic to topic. Probably will finish it in five or six sittings.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
TJ Miller is going off on twitter about Marc because of some brief mention on the Kumail Nanjiani episode.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Yeah you're right.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I watched his special from a few years back once, it wasn't terrible but I wouldn't watch it again.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLA-yums-As

Fox News vs Marc's surname.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Brendan the producer doing his Marc impression is hilarious.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Rich Vos.

Is this going to be 1 hour of addiction talk or Vos spouting his lovely opinions?

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Lemmy is a little hard to understand.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Don't know if I need to say this, but Marc's podcast with Louis CK is a great listen.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Which reminds me, Lou Barlow talking to Marc about his meth addiction is pretty huge if fuzzy music of that era is your thing.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
All said and done, I didn't find the Lorne episode remarkable at all.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I'm happy with the show ending in 4 seasons. Season 4 seemed like it took a turn to not being really biographical anymore and kind of surreal - Dave making GBS threads himself to avoid a hug, doing his internal dialogue debate with a copy of himself etc.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
The Louis Theroux podcast is really awkward. Marc seems to respond very aggressively to Louis when they're talking about Marc's familiarity with his work.

Somehow the Westboro Baptist Church are more cordial with Louis than Marc is.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Maybe aggressive wasn't the word I was looking for, Marc was just a little more short than usual about it.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Jay Mascis episode is pretty good. Probably the most animated I've heard him (Mascis not Maron).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I don't know if JRE is 'wild'. There's a lot of talking in circles about the same 3 or 4 topics regardless of whatever field the guest is noteworthy in. And giving a lot of credibility to snake oil merchants and alt right twitter personalities out of plain ignorance.

• Locked thread