Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

indigi posted:

I usually skip the intro and get frustrated when he tries to force his interpretation of their life experiences onto them. It seemed like he kept wanting to make Cranston buy into this privileged-child-of-destiny narrative despite Brian's gentle insistence otherwise. It's a really bad interview technique.

Yeah it definitely seems like he sometimes will latch onto certain things and emphasize them/insist his own interpretation.

One more minor example that kind of annoyed me for some reason was when he asked Charlie Day and Glenn Howerton about their childhood/teens and at some point he asked them if they liked the Grateful Dead, and their response was basically "Yeah, I liked them pretty well." Then for the rest of the interview he would constantly call them deadheads (e.g. "So me and Charlie went into an audition..." "A COUPLE OF DEADHEADS, GOING TO AN AUDITION!") and say that they were Deadheads whenever they talked about their past at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread