Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

synertia posted:

I enjoyed that one, Andy Daly had some troubles but is a pretty normal guy that's just talented. I guess it may not make a dramatic pod, but having someone who isn't a walking disaster is nice every once in a while, too.

Yeah, Andy Daly reminds me of the character he plays on Reno 911, the one that shoots himself in the head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

inferis posted:

But I mean the interviews are basically all about himself too

"Aren't you miserable? I'm miserable. My Girlfriend is crazy and I hate her. I love her so much. New comedy is terrible huh? This has been WTF with Marc Maron"

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

jyrka posted:

I think he's more seen as an old angry man of a punchline.

OH Marc marON!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Marc is such an rear end in a top hat about "the craft" or w/e. Its the same sentiment that causes him to abuse younger comics. He is the loving worst thing about any industry where you have to "put your time in". I think he is a funny guy and whip smart but lord, what an rear end in a top hat.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Old comics who get upset by "oversensitivity " typically are just assholes. If you're gonna say hurtful poo poo, own up to it instead of blaming the audience.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

On the whole Louis CK topic, I think that the crux of the issue is that despite his own ability to make hurtful comedy transformative, he lacks the capability to project that talent on to a significant part of his audience. Its the same story over and over again. Its Chris Rock not doing black people vs niggers because of how it was accidentally encouraging white people to be huge hateful assholes. \

As for Marc? He's an unrepentant whatthefucker and I don't know why Pete Holmes hasn't grown out of him yet.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

epitasis posted:

I think it's relatively safe to assume anyone that lives their life "on the road" is occasionally unfaithful but speculating on it is pretty, something. Tasteless? Unfair?

Listen to "Sleepwalk with Me" for a touching example of this.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Flaggy posted:

Just got the App/Premium the other day and working through some of the ones in the OP. Listened to the Carlos Mencia ones and yes, it pretty much cemented the fact the guy is a douche and doesn't deserve his success. Dane Cook I didn't like before listening, listened to the podcast, he was very sincere on it I have a much lighter view of him now. The Gallagher one though was amazing, I can't believe he walked out on Marc when he was just asking questions. That was a good podcast. I am pretty much hooked on WTF now having only heard it this week from this thread.

I know it can be difficult to listen to pete holmes but Dane definitely seems like a decent dude who had a lot of lovely things happen to him which coincided with the waning of his popularity. Whether you like his comedy or not, it's hard to ascribe the total rear end in a top hat moniker to him after hearing his story in his words.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Im willing to bet that it was as much of Marc's fault as it was of hers.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Ok, gently caress off.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

escape artist, they made a thread just for you!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3501091&perpage=40&pagenumber=180

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Roll with those punches!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Laura Dern is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNR4hKbSH7I
not the momma

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Apoplexy posted:

Ooh, I can't wait to see how long it takes him to bring up his boyfriend who's, like, 21. I heard that's a thing he tends to do.

I would love it if Marc got really antagonistic towards him but I doubt he'll go in that direction.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Marc was also on Wits with Jason Isbell recently

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

what did marc say about him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Drunkboxer posted:

What Marc said is not really anything to get pissed about.

agreed but I'd imagine being around him in professional circles must be loving grating still.

• Locked thread