Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
I agree he's annoying as hell, but I kind of expected that out of him. I think if you enjoy Andy Dick, you'll enjoy the interview.

Now if you want to talk about interviews that come out of god damned nowhere, Bobby Lee's interview was pretty suprising and worth checking out.

Edit: V ep 137 V

Urk! fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jan 4, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
So I'm thinking today's episode will get some attention. Todd Glass has a bit of an announcement that I won't ...spoil? Not sure if that's the best term, but since some people will want to hear the ep I guess I'll just leave it at that.

It's a interesting episode not only on it's own merits but it's interesting to hear Todd be sincere. Unless he's on a rant, it's hard for me to tell when he's not doing a bit.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 16, 2012

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
And there was no ambivalence in the Leary vs Hicks dispute either. They were friends, Hicks felt Leary wronged him, and essentially hated him to the grave.

Honestly there are a few reasons to have issues with Leary, joke-lifting among them.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Groucho Marxist posted:

I liked the David Cross episode. I knew most of the stuff about his deadbeat dad and drug problems from his book, but it was still a good listen. I'm really excited about Chris Elliot being on this Thursday.

If I really enjoyed this WTF, would you recommend the book? Is it more of a biography or more about his attitude about comedy?

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Thanks, I think I'll check it out even though I was hoping for more biography.

Glad you mentioned that price; I was going to buy the kindle version but it's $11 :confused:

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
I hope he plays it straight and it goes over really well. Tim's character bit has it's moments, but he's also been a great podcast guest as himself (as mentioned elsewhere on this forum).

I think he'd be a great "straight-man" on CBB.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Apoplexy posted:

The story of how Marc met Jessica is hilarious. She was a fan and emailed him out of the blue to say something like, "Hey, when you're near (where she lived), lemme know and we'll get together and have a fuckfest." And then that happened and she immediately, 'unrelatedly' moved out to LA where he lived and he told her to stay away, not become a stalker and gently caress his life up, et cetera. She then proceeded to text him 150 times begging him to gently caress her again followed by a pussy picture. And from that a relationship bloomed. Her telling him that if he cheated on her or did anything else out of line, she'd gently caress people he knew came later.

:stare:

No no, he's playing it up for the show... right? Right?

God drat. Either Marc is doing some emotional kayfabe or he's too honest. Either way, it's sure compelling.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Variety posted a pretty funny article. Hopefully this isn't a repost of something Marc mentioned recently on the show. I'm not quite caught up. Also looks like we'll hopefully get a Kevin McDonald ep soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Marc didn't really do anything wrong though. He just realized "my dad is gonna die relatively soon so maybe I just say I'm sorry to make him feel better so we can both move on" which is definitely something I've done with my old man over dumb arguments.

Yeah, that's the vibe I got with that call too.

• Locked thread