Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Mescal posted:

I don't dislike it. I've listened to CDs from about a half-dozen well-respected standups in the last couple weeks, and they were fine. I laughed more than a couple times.

But the art has its limitations. Even if the comedian is pretty out there, it's a format that's fairly easy to understand and predict. I appreciate its purity, but other forms of comedy that are more plot-based are more satisfying to me.

By the way, your comment's right--I don't enjoy music or films as much as I like playing music or writing stories. Anything completely engaging and active is better for me than sitting down and listening.

I want to see some standup live soon, since that would probably be different. The way the audience and the comic interact would be fun to be a part of. Probably like how going to a show is different from listening to a record.

Do yourself a favor and spend 5$ and watch Louis CK's newest special. It'll tell you how good Stand Up is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread