Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

He had throat cancer. He sounded just like the PFT impression up until a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Septic Knothead posted:

What episode are you talking about? I looked at the recent ones and I can't tell which one you are referring to.

The one with the stars and creators of Broad City.

It wasn't a trainwreck like people were saying. It was just clear Abbi and Ilana had done a million press junkets and don't care or need Marc to validate their success and that Marc doesn't care about Broad City because he's a 50 year old man.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Pretty sure she knows how hosed up it was. It's just that she's now a successful comedian in a loving marriage who can laugh at something from 15 years ago.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

So Maron is done after 4 seasons by Maron's own decision. For a grounded Louie-ripoff that starred a guy with essentially zero acting experience in every scene (and featured too many scenes where his co-stars were also comics with no acting chops), it wasn't that bad of a show. 1st season was pretty rocky, especially the storyline about his young GF. But it got a lot better.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

JFC posted:

I love that Michael Ian Black gave him poo poo about it on twitter today.

I think it's an inside joke because The Hollywood Reporter ran a headline MARON CANCELLED AFTER 4 SEASONS without taking 2 minutes to to call Marc or his manager or his IFC to confirm if it was cancelled or ended by him. He then got pissy on twitter to the journalist.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Just announced that Maron will be playing the male lead in Jenji Cohen's new Netflix show opposite Allison Brie. Very excited to see that considering how surprisingly good an actor he was on his show.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I love how he asks Marc if he has to say something at the end a la Pete Holmes making guests say Keep It Crispy.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Loved the Paul Beatty interview. The Sellout is a rare book that can actually make you laugh out loud

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Did it get better? I was interested in hearing them talk #metoo since I'm sure she has some stories, but I turned it off after 30 minutes of Maron's IMDB checklist interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I, Butthole posted:

The intro to the Duncan Jones interview made me turn it off. I understand wanting to talk about Bowie, but the way Maron stated that he knew Jones didn't really want to talk about it, got tense when he kept asking about it, and then kept asking about it just made me so uncomfortable, especially because Jones himself is not a confrontational figure that really deserves that kind of pushing. He's a great artist in his own right, and there's a difference between needling a guest on an uncomfortable topic and outright ignoring polite requests of "hey, I'm still grieving my dead dad, could we not" that just seems to cross a line.

I turned it off, so I don't know if Maron was just being overly self-flagellating about pushing on a touchy subject briefly or not, but still.

You should give it another try. Duncan is a good sport about it and they only bring up his dad twice in what is a pretty long, detailed interview. And once the interview’s over, Marc self consciously asks if he went too far and Duncan is fine. Plus Duncan tells a fun story about his old man.

Also, Duncan jokingly says that he’s going to punch interviewers if they’re still bringing up his dad for his 5th movie... but interviews are doing it again because his dad just died and it was way beyond your normal celebrity death for tens of millions of people across multiple generations.

• Locked thread