Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Speaking of Bamford, her WTF episode (and her recent Nerdist episode, also) are must-listens. It actually mad me admire her work more, because she's been through some hosed up situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

almost posted:

Sorry, I didn't realize that's what you prefer to be called, autistic kid.

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
One thing I'll always be grateful to Dennis Miller for is that when I was watching him at 12-13 years old, his material and show encouraged me to follow politics, which I think is fairly important. And Dennis has a better reason than some for turning right-wing post 9/11 (he lost a friend in the attack, IIRC), although sadly, the man has completely lost his fastball, both comedically and mentally. It's really hard to take the critical thinking skills of somebody who said the words "George W Bush made it alright to respect the office President of the US again" seriously. He also popped up on Diners Drive-Ins and Dives recently, which made me sad because Guy Fieri is the kind of tool Dennis used to mock regularly on HBO.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm not saying it magically makes it okay, but I am saying I could see how it would make somebody change their minds about political philosophy, especially if they feel that right-wingers will take the action for somebody they lost.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pocket Billiards posted:

The Chris Cornell podcast is very good. Of course Marc is shoehorning in addiction as much as he can.

In fairness, it's sorta relevant to Cornell considering he's a recovering alcoholic.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I just listened to the intro for their interview that Marc posted after Robin Williams passed. It's also interesting to note that it wasn't depression that killed Robin but rather a hard to detect form of dementia.

Holy poo poo, though. He sounds crushed. But he also gave a hell of an intro. It's funny, I'd contend that WTF has probably made Marc a better man. Most people who start podcasts don't start it with that in mind.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 4, 2015

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The Berzerker posted:

Chris Gethard owns and is cool and nice. His comedy is super honest and genuine. I have not watched much TCGS but I like everything else about him... I might try TCGS sometime... probably not. Too much backlog

Do what I did, friend: Just watch the Fusion/IFC episodes on Youtube. Only 2 seasons. And I like the show personally.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pocket Billiards posted:

Jay Mascis episode is pretty good. Probably the most animated I've heard him (Mascis not Maron).

I think I have to listen, J's always seemed like music's answer to Steven Wright when it comes to interviews.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Odddzy posted:

Wasn't Mitzi generally considered a piece of poo poo?

She was super difficult but apparently helped a lot of people get their breaks so the reactions are probably going to be largely positive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

mike12345 posted:

Yeah I just gave this a try. The way he talks reminded me of his book, like every sentence comes with some cherry-picked word from the thesaurus. Switched it off after 10 min tbh.

A friend of mine reveiews books for a local arts paper and GoodReads and said it was absolute dogshit, and it was largely incoherent.

• Locked thread