Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
I can't help but love Maron. I guess in a weird way I identify with his neurosis and I just really love the interviews. I listen while I am at work and the one with the Onion guy had me just broke down in tears, there's been a few times like that with him. Between Maron and the Nerdist I have things to look forward to a few times a week since Smodco has really not been that great the last few months. He's coming to my area soon and I am trying to convince my husband to make the trip to see him.

The Todd Glass one was just fantastic. Just so heartfelt and I just want to hug the guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
I really loved Diablo Cody and Weird Al. The interviews just seemed natural and easy and not full of Marc angst and he was just firing on all cylinders. Marc was also on Allison Rosen's show this week and that was decent too. She's finding her stride as an interviewer.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010

Auritech posted:

The Bob Zmuda interview can be pretty fun at times --the Norman Wexler stuff is great-- but I really didn't like him trying to perpetuate the "Andy Kaufman may or may not actually be dead thing" and it seems like Marc wasn't buying it either. Also the thing where "Tony Clifton is real, people just do impersonations of him" is kinda wacky too. Tony Clifton is Dread Pirate Roberts now?

I loved this ep so much it is totally in my top ten wtfs. Has anyone heard the Chelsea Handler one? I am kinda scared to listen to it.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
She's kind of very much way out there. I would love to know the behind the scenes on how this one came about because it is really random.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Care to elaborate on that? I was going to skip it anyways because dude's voice makes me want to cry.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
I've been skipping the podcast lately but still love Marc. I am so happy that the show is wonderful can't wait to see more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Watching this week's Maron and I noticed that Dennis Leary was a producer. I wonder what the connection is there and why we haven't had a Leary episode yet. Am I missing something on this. I just thought that was neat/ odd.

• Locked thread