Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeavo
Jan 17, 2011
For the first year of my podcast-listening career, Maron was the only podcast I listened to. I've since branched out to a lot more.

I don't know if it's because I've been exposed to so many other podcasts since, but now when I return to newer episodes of Maron they just feel a little stale. It seems like more and more, the questions Marc asks are inconsequential, about things I just don't care about. Getting a sense of one's background can be interesting, but he'll have guests elaborate on such little points from the past and I think he should just move on.

Jack White is my favorite musician ever from my favorite band, and I found about 50% of that interview underwhelming, asking him about the couches and the things on the wall in the room the interview was occurring in...I understand musicians are outside the norm for Marc's show, but I did really enjoy the interview with James Mercer from the Shins, so it's not like Marc can't get the job done with a musician subject.

But, when he's in his prime, he's still good, facilitating meaningful discussions on the craft, inspirations, behind the scenes hollywood business oral histories, etc. and those are the things I look for most in these kinds of podcasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread