Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I'm guessing that a lot of people in this thread follow Marc on Twitter anyway, but he announced earlier that he's going to have Wayne Coyne from The Flaming Lips on, which made me ridiculously excited since Wayne's an excellent combination of insightful and nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I enjoyed the Craig Ferguson one a lot too if anyone was on the fence about it (not sure why would would be). Had some interesting stuff to say and showed a side of him not usually seen (which is basically the ideal WTF).

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I'm biased due to being a huuuuge Mountain Goats fan but today's interview with John Darnielle was very good. Listen if you would like to hear an intelligent, funny man eloquently discuss his heavily troubled youth.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Natasha Lyonne was pretty terrific - one of the drugs and depravity ones Marc does so well, but still pretty funny the whole way through.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Also the star of what was widely considered to be one of the best, if not the best, shows of last year, Enlightened.

And eh, if you listened every week I could see why you'd dislike WTF now, but Marc is still pretty consistent for me when it comes to interviews with people I like, so I'm happy to know it's chugging along and that I can drop in every now and then.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Yeah, this was probably the most 'WTF-style' interview that you could really expect from a sitting President, I enjoyed it a lot.

Kind of sucks that the main thing being reported from it is about his use of 'The N-Word', but at least will hopefully just draw more people to the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Peace Frog posted:

I'm late but that interview with the editor of Spin was painful and really illustrated Marc's Achilles heel which is other male pseudointellectuals.

in the middle of a rant denying climate change hysteria the dude says "science is all about proving theories wrong."

Unbelievably frustrating listening.

Yeah, that episode was annoying, because the guy had some really good stories about his pretty important place in the history of music and journalism, and even some not terrible points about internet hate-mobs and hiveminds, but a lot of the second half was very "We white men should be able to do and say whatever we want without fear of consequence".

• Locked thread