Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Stingly
Sep 1, 2001

Satanic cop-killing henchman with a heart of gold
When I was a kid Maron was like the host of that Comedy Central stand-up showcase show Two Drink Minimum (it went through a couple iterations) and from like 96 to now, any time he was on TV I would stop what I was doing to watch him because it was poo poo I had to see. I like his style.

But I wasn't aware he had a podcast till now. I'm weird, I'm not a huge fan of interviews - they're either boring or so awkward they make me uncomfortable, so I might be in a tiny minority that wants to check out WTFpod just for the monologue. Granted in most of his stand-up I've seen he wasn't hasing out personal stuff or being a dick. That might be a turnoff.

The Louis C.K. stuff sounds like the cream of the crop though, I'll check that out first.

[edit] A couple people mentioned Maron wouldn't let go of the stupid "stealing my essence" line from the feud between Dane Cook and Steve Byrne. I got that, I thought it was funny. He was being a dick. He was deliberately pissing Dane Cook off, and like a true dick he backed off it and was like "I'm just joshing chill out". You could tell this was like an in-joke with him and someone else, and here was the guy that they had been making GBS threads on for years - time to poo poo on him a little, in person.

I like that, because its not like a typical network interview deal. Dane sells out Madison Square Garden Maron repeatedly says, but that goofy "essence" line sums up Cook more for him than anything else. He doesn't give a gently caress how many tickets he sells. He's the guy who said that. For the record, I don't know what the gently caress Dane Cook's talking about. Steve Byrne has his own thing. Cook hasn't trademarked being a good-looking charismatic comic. Then again I've never understood the feud between Dennis Leary and Bill Hicks. [/edit]

Mr. Stingly fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Feb 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread