Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I'm a fair bit behind, has Marc married to the young insane girlfriend, is that what the thread's recent chatter pertains to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Maron was on Nerdist today, too. Or his month-old episode from around when he had James Franco on was just posted, anyway. I loving love his poo poo after knowing so much about him from his stand-up and listening to WTF; he relayed an interaction with Chris Hardwick, seemingly-positive even, where his input was, upon seeing him as a new face at the stand-up circuit, "Oh, what's this guy think he's doing here?"

His bit from his stand-up where he mentions that hearing positive news from his ex getting posted through social media gets a response of, "Oh, so that's how you play it? You're gonna have a baby AT ME? Well, you don't win," strikes too much of a chord with me to not laugh at and bring up every time I try to explain why I love him.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

pork minstral posted:

I think my favorite exchange was:
Marc: When are we going to here [sic] some more baby material? Good stuff.
Patton: Right after you crowbar "existential" into a tirade about cat poop.

That's loving awesome. Comedians fighting is the absolute best. The Zach Galifianakis and Patton (presumably from when Comedians of Comedy were touring) fake-fight was absolutely hilarious as well.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Well, you know what she'd say: "If you don't, I'll start loving people you know and have them do it."

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

tnimark posted:

Do you mind elaborating on this? I haven't heard about it.

The story of how Marc met Jessica is hilarious. She was a fan and emailed him out of the blue to say something like, "Hey, when you're near (where she lived), lemme know and we'll get together and have a fuckfest." And then that happened and she immediately, 'unrelatedly' moved out to LA where he lived and he told her to stay away, not become a stalker and gently caress his life up, et cetera. She then proceeded to text him 150 times begging him to gently caress her again followed by a pussy picture. And from that a relationship bloomed. Her telling him that if he cheated on her or did anything else out of line, she'd gently caress people he knew came later.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Now, if only we could get Dennis Miller back. He was loving great back during the 90s and his HBO late-night show and poo poo.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
You know what that means! Great content in the future when Marc gets divorced a 3rd time!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Old Janx Spirit posted:

I love it when he branches out into people who are involved with comedy but not stand-ups (loved his interviews with Dan Harmon and the Onion writer. Can't wait for Sedaris.) So, on that note, I would really like him to interview a cartoonist, like Gary Trudeau, Gary Larson, or Bill Watterson.

Ward Sutton, in character as Stan Kelly, Onion cartoonist would be a hilarious. Someone must forward him this idea!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I absolutely loved Maron. Wish the show had more episodes in its first batch, but what he had was fantastic. And I think he's a fine actor, since he's playing himself. People have a weird idea that he can't portray himself in a show he writes and produces and acts in.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Has he ever met Marc? I'm curious if there's going to be any baggage going in, as that always makes the best kind of interview where Marc has to start off with 5 minutes of apologizing for being a dick.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Hey, thanks for recommending the Jim Breuer episode, guys! I never would've thought it'd be as good as it was, but him being a fan of Marc from the Air America days and the SNL part and all made it a fantastic listen! He was on SNL in the era I started watching, so I always remember him from that, but the change of pace for him is amazing. Gonna check out his special since I've seen it in the Netflix stand-up section but never thought to give it a go until now.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Incredible stories from Artie, yeah. Never knew about his father, which is just an insane story, even on top of his adult lifetime.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
While looking for poo poo to waste time listening to, I figured I'd check out Maron's appearances on Opie & Anthony, one of which he discusses his relationship with Margaret Cho and her surprising the gently caress out of him by talking about his penis for 15 minutes on a live show, so I immediately had to jump to watching that as well. Jesus Christ, this is just perfect WTF. Love this show so much, and only Marc Maron could pull something like this all off, since anyone else would WISELY think to not have crazy one-time sex partners on the show in front of a live audience. Similarly, Morgan Murphy. I feel sorry for her, because it's clear Marc was abusive to her. She's funny as hell on the live shows, but it says a lot that her family was literally like WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU DOING at her appearing there. I love Maron, but I still feel really sorry for everyone who he hurts.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Morgan Murphy episode is up! This episode excites me in ways I've never felt going in before, since I know those two had a crazy relationship and Morgan is funny as hell.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I don't ordinarily listen to WTF when it's someone I haven't heard of, but once I saw that Rebecca Corry was a comedian, I figured I'd give this one a shot. REALLY good episode! Can't recommend it enough, as she's funny as poo poo and seems to get along with Marc well, bonding over having crazy in the family especially.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Ooh, I can't wait to see how long it takes him to bring up his boyfriend who's, like, 21. I heard that's a thing he tends to do.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Oh, wow, surprised to see The Amazing Johnathan pop up. He was one of my favorites when I was growing up and I was sad to hear he retired recently. Apparently there's a reason behind that discussed in the interview.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I know nothing of her, who is she?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yeah. Holy poo poo did she have some fuckin' stories.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Holy poo poo.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Ha, I was just wondering if we could get a Jon Stewart interview now that he's not doing TDS with his time.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Gallagher on O&A with Patrice O'Neal owned bones, too.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
BRIAN REGAN'S AMERICA?!

Reagan is the spelling of the president.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Did Louie sound like he was worked up/almost crying numerous times during this interview while talking about Horace & Pete? He must really pour himself into his works.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I was hoping somebody would say that. Clark Gregg is one of those really awesome guys in Hollywood and it's good that he's found a modicum of success in Joss Whedon's stable of actors.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Does it differ from his account of the story on his special from a year and change ago? Or when he told it on O&A, et cetera?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I liked this show. I think I watched through S3. I'll definitely watch it all over again in a less-intoxicated state than I was in for the first round!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Those two are a great couple.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I give Marc a little more lee-way than I do someone who uses Twitter to preach race war and to laugh at dead blacks. Anthony Cumia, I'm looking at you.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Billy West is the bomb. I listen to the Futurama commentaries regularly and he's always really great on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Paulie has re-dedicated the rest of his life to cumming all over comedy club furnishings in her memory.

• Locked thread