Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
I've been combing through past interviews because Maron manages to get some of the most spectacular guests on his podcast, but I just can't stand him or his style because of the way he treats some of his guests. I actually like Carrot Top's work, but in the interview, Maron keeps dogging him like he's trying to make him cry, or admit that his career is a failure. Carrot Top is a classy guy, though, and just rolls with it.

And even though Anthony Bourdain isn't much of a comedian, he gives a terrific interview. I just get frustrated when Maron states that he loved Bourdain's books, but conducts the interview, asking questions that indicate that he has barely cracked the cover. Not questions that expose answers he's looking to illuminate, he is clearly unfamiliar with what Bourdain has done or written.

The discussion of the philosophy and practice standup also gets a little tired from interview to interview, but I guess that's what he knows best, so that's what's continually covered.

I guess I just wish someone else could get this caliber of guests, then I'd listen to their podcast instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread