Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

ChickenArise posted:

I like the more recent clips of his that I've seen more than older stuff. He got in a stupid tiff with Dane Cook a few years back for tweeting when Dane bumped him to do a set where he was working out new material (then Deathsquad got involved).

The thing that was so bad about this, and what got a few other comedians mad at TJ, was that he started live tweeting the actual jokes that Dane was working on, not just talking poo poo about him. Lots of headliner comics pop into clubs to work on new material and as a consequence other comedians have to wait for them to finish before they can go on. Unless its Dave Chappelle who will drop into a club and do two hours, its usually only 10-20 minutes of a comedian working on a premise or two, fine-tuning them to take on the road, for a tv spot, or for a special. Any hour special or late night talk show you've watched where a comedian has performed, they have bumped a lesser-known comic in a club to refine a bit or get the timing down for a tv spot. It happens and is accepted. To bitch about it can be understandable, but to tweet the actual content of a work in progress is a really lovely thing to do.

Even if it was Dane.

You could even take this into a discussion of west coast versus east coast comedy and how the clubs and comedians themselves are different, but that's a lot to talk about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I bet that episode has no sponsors and is not rated "Explicit" like his other shows are. I can't see him talking about foot cardigan or just coffee dot co-op then "and now the leader of the free world..."

I love the idea of him ending the show with, "So, are we okay?"

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Neither

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Wow, Keith Richards is an enormous get for Marc. Probably bigger than Obama, at least in rarity. Logistically the POTUS is probably the most complicated interview anyone can do.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Apoplexy posted:

BRIAN REGAN'S AMERICA?!

YOU TOO!

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Yeah the Friedken interview was great. It made me go back and rewatch To Live and Die in LA which I think is an underrated cops and robbers movie. Nothing still beats Heat though.

Fun fact: Friedken is married to Sherry Lansing who used to run Paramount, and 20th Century Fox before that.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
The Louis CK and JLD interviews were great but that Susan Sarandon one was a dud. For someone that has always been an outspoken Hollywood liberal she doesn't come off as much of a thinker. Not that we should hold her up as some kind of an example, but I expected more substance. Marc was also extremely lazy by just going down her IMDB page. "So, Bull Durham. What was that like?"

Edit: Also, same.

JFC fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Apr 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I love that Michael Ian Black gave him poo poo about it on twitter today.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread