Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I feel like if you can relate to any of Marc's craziness or insecurities it makes it a lot funnier. Otherwise it just comes off as sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I can understand not liking Maron, but it seems strange to me to enjoy the show if you don't like him.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

But I mean the interviews are basically all about himself too

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I saw Marc's show in Portland last week and I was the last person in the merchant line. He kept looking back at me with a creep look while he was talking to other people and signing stuff. I bet he's loving people on the road and is going to ruin his marriage.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I think I heard him on Fresh Air or something talking about how he worked in a bank and when his manager found out he did comedy he walked up pointed at him and said "you're not funny", because he was so low key and serious when he was working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

jpotts posted:

This episode was very awkward towards the end. I got the feeling that Marc felt like crap, and Morgan just wanted to GTFO.

it was the classic marc maron apology where he re-opens some old wounds so he can feel better and make the person he's apologizing to uncomfortable. typical step 9 behavior

• Locked thread