Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

rear end Catchcum posted:

Was that ever even a question? This is a woman that obviously has such daddy issues she contacted a guy on the internet almost 20 years older than her to have sex and turned it into a 3 year relationship where she has demonstrated time & time again that she's batshit crazy. They're both crazy, but from Day One she has been pretty goony.

Is this the girlfriend that messaged him a picture of her hoohah super early on in the relationship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Ok, well I've done somewhere between 500 and 1000 shows in a couple of dozen states, so I'll tell you: Other comics hate you.

If a crowd is lovely, it's because you're not entertaining them. So the crowd is small or the crowd is sober, that means you actually have to be funny to make them laugh. You have to adapt. Making a 300 seat room that's sro and all drunk an hour before the show laugh is easy. Anyone can do it, and I'm sure you have little trouble. But if you can kill in front of 7 people, or a stone cold sober crowd, then you have talent. But you don't, so you troll them. Whatever the gently caress that means. Just remember, it's not the crowd's fault that you suck.

No club owner is going to be impressed with your crowd work. Crowd work is easy. The crowd will laugh at dumber poo poo because they think you just thought of it, versus your prepared material. And when a guy hits the stage and immediately starts dipping, that's a sure sign that he's poo poo. It's no surprise that you enjoy the crowd work more than your prepared material because your prepared material probably isn't very good. I wouldn't expect it to be, since you've only been doing it a month. But instead of focusing on writing good material, you just want to troll the crowd. Who knows, maybe you'll be the first comic in the history of comedy to get his own special where he does nothing but crowd work. Actually, I know, and you won't.

And saying that the folks that consume your product, the ones that ultimately pay for it, are in no position to judge what you do makes you dumber than the hecklers you think you're destroying. By the way, how many of your heckler comebacks are stock? Are you destroying them be telling them you don't come to their job at the bus station and knock the dicks out of their mouth? I bet you do.

Bottom line, doing a bunch of open mics doesn't make you a comic, but I'm sure you're already telling your friends that you're ready to feature. Get some perspective and a few more years under your belt, then come back and read your posts. I think you'll be surprised.

:drat:

Let me fetch you a nice blue ribbon, you deserve it.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Good lord there is really no reason to watch past 48 seconds in to that is there.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

If you have Howl.FM, the Jon Dore/Greg Fitzsimmons live episode has one of the funniest takedowns of Marc. He introduces Fitzsimmons with an incredibly passive aggressive opening and Fitzsimmons just unloads with laser accuracy. Hilarious fight.

Oh good lord, I don't know how many therapists Marc Macaroni has but he needs far more of them.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

That bright shining star in Joe Piscopo.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

I'm not a regular WTF listener. Was there some kind of animosity between Marc and Lorne? I feel like I kept hearing that but this is a very cordial episode.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Bundt Cake posted:

He let Lorne off the hook completely and became a spineless simpering rear end kisser. Cool.

Off the hook for what?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I dunno why anyone would expect Marc to be anything but cordial with Lorne. He's always on his best behavior around people who are higher up on the food chain. Lorne was a big get for the podcast, and he gets very little from it.

Oh I just expected there to be more Maron trying to get to the bottom of why he was turned down. Instead it was just a brief "You weren't right for the show at the time" and then the rest was just talk about SNL. I wasn't expecting him to be combative but I just thought there would be more of Marc being depressed about not getting on the cast.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

DrVenkman posted:

"Incredible rear end in a top hat" according to Marc, who doesn't have the best of memories about these things and has built it up for 20 years or whatever it is into something it clearly wasn't. I thought Lorne was fairly level headed in his answer, though I got the feeling he was sparing Maron the embarrassment of saying that yeah you just weren't very good. Is Michaels dickish? Of course he is. But not everyone is Harry Shearer and willing to talk about that, mainly because he probably doesn't think he's being a dick.

I'd be more concerned about someone who doesn't have a bad Maron experience at this point than someone who does. I don't know many other comedians who have podcasts stemming from trying to make reparations with everyone they have interacted with in their professional and social lives.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

fatherboxx posted:

Marc should understand (and he probably does) by this point that his attitude and ego was unfit for SNL anyway, he would've been booted from the show faster than Damon Wayans.

Who knows what could have happened. He could have been their big star -- like Joe Piscopo.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

rotinaj posted:

Hardwick's relaunched Nerdist podcast (ID10T, which I think is an awful name)

I dee ten tee?
id ten tee?

I'm struggling to see how that's supposed to be identity, I presume that's what he's going for because what else can it be

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Drunkboxer posted:

It just means idiot

you found their next guest x_x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Twin Cinema posted:

Penn just came across as humorless and insufferable

you don't say

• Locked thread