Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Just met Marc the other day. Very friendly and eager to talk. He gave me a sticker :)

edit; I live in Nashville and I met him immediately after his Jack White interview. He seemed like he was still pretty excited.

Happy Hippo fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 25, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

The Jimmie Walker interview was great but it sucks that Maron cut the interview short. Walker was in dish mode but Maron had to "be somewhere" so he abruptly just shut down the interview with no wind-down.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

escape artist posted:

Has anyone read any of his books? He's got a new one coming out in about 2 months.

To my knowledge he is about to publish his first book.

Also, seconding the idea that you need to check out the Mencia episode. That was the first one I ever listened to and it hooked me.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

escape artist posted:

Marc will be on Howard Stern tomorrow. He was on Fallon last night. He will be on Opie and Anthony Thursday. I think he also did an AMA on Reddit this week. He's on a media tour.

Well, he does have a very popular podcast, a new television series about to air and a book about to come out. He should fire his publicist if he isn't making the rounds.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

I can't listen to the live shows anymore. Too much blatant pandering to the audience.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

almost posted:

People in this thread keep saying this but the phrase Marc uses is "works with autistic kids" which says to me that, at best, she has a masters in education and babysits the retards in public school while the normal kids go to calculus or something. If she was a therapist he would just say so, it sounds much better.

"Autistic kids" sounds much better than "retards."

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

almost posted:

Sorry, I didn't realize that's what you prefer to be called, autistic kid.

This post is edgy and in my face.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Flaggy posted:

Just got the App/Premium the other day and working through some of the ones in the OP. Listened to the Carlos Mencia ones and yes, it pretty much cemented the fact the guy is a douche and doesn't deserve his success. Dane Cook I didn't like before listening, listened to the podcast, he was very sincere on it I have a much lighter view of him now. The Gallagher one though was amazing, I can't believe he walked out on Marc when he was just asking questions. That was a good podcast. I am pretty much hooked on WTF now having only heard it this week from this thread.

You've pretty much peaked. You just named some of the best episodes. Look up the Bob Zmuda interview, it's loving amazing. Lots of stuff about Kaufman, of course, but the stuff about Norman Wexler is god damned unbelievable and amazing.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Beeez posted:

Are any of these classic bits on Youtube?

Dear goons,

how do I type "Phil Hendrie" into youtube? tia

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Comic book writer-artist Frank Miller fully embraced his inner fascist after 9/11 (but really, if you read The Dark Knight Returns you'll see that he was always sort of pro-fascist). It also steeled a lot of atheists into being more strident and forthcoming with their views.

Anyway, I like Maron's podcast. :)

edit; You know what would be a great WTF episode? Dennis Miller.

Happy Hippo fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jun 3, 2013

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Apoplexy posted:

I absolutely loved Maron. Wish the show had more episodes in its first batch, but what he had was fantastic. And I think he's a fine actor, since he's playing himself. People have a weird idea that he can't portray himself in a show he writes and produces and acts in.

That's not weird at all. Some people can write, some can produce and some can act. Some can to all or some of those. Acting, even as a character named Marc Maron, is very different from the director telling him to just act like himself.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Bundt Cake posted:

once I realized the sex fest chick and jessica were the same person i wanted to put my arm around his shoulders and say bro...

What is this sex fest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

You Am I posted:

Even the way he talked about former comedy partners left me with a bad taste. It's obvious that he loves burning bridges. God only knows how The Simpsons staff, Michael McKean and Christopher Guest deal with him

Guest is noted for being a dour snob himself.

• Locked thread