Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Marriage sounds loving annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

The next one is with Russell Brand, which should be interesting. Maron is probably going to hate him.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Him trying to sell Marc a boardgame was the strangest thing.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Weird Al's lack of cynicism was great to hear. Pretty rare for this show.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Great one with Smerch today.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Check out these two bros just broing out. So weird seeing them as children.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

And here are the two of them combined:

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

I don't know anything about Fiona Apple. What would the problem have been with her?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Yes.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

inferis posted:

I can understand not liking Maron, but it seems strange to me to enjoy the show if you don't like him.

It's like that old story that people who hate Howard Stern listen to him twice as much as those who like him. I don't know, maybe it's a myth.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Marc has the funnest fans.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Zsinjeh posted:

In regards with the occasional negative mention on other podcasts like Todd Glass, Comedy Bang Bang and Doug Loves Movies.

I think he's more seen as an old angry man of a punchline.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Analytic Engine posted:

drat... The Gilbert Gottfried episode made me lose some respect for Maron. Hard to listen to at some points.

Why?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

It was great I thought. I'm not specifically interested in Bob Dylan's dirt or whatever and like The Wallflowers and music in general so maybe that's why I liked it. One of the best in a while in my opinion.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

I don't think it was bad at all. They talked about Bob plenty and he explain why he doesn't care much to talk about him.

I like his general attitude a lot more than someone's who would just plaster "(son of) LEGEND BOB DYLAN" all over their stuff.

jyrka fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jan 9, 2013

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Anyone listened to the one with that snakeoil salesman?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Cloks posted:

It seems that he got Mel Brooks on for today's show. I haven't listened yet but Brooks can give a good interview when he wants to. I feel like he and Maron should be able to riff off of each other pretty easily.

It was very good.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

I have faith in them. From what I understand she's a child therapist so that's a good fit at least.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Leary's production company is involved in making the show.

Anyway, has anyone else noticed how bad of an actor Marc is? I just watched the latest episode and he's really wooden and monotone. Sounds almost like he's reading the lines or something.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

More specifically Highland Park. At least that's what the intro to the show used to say.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

This is like someone telling all the jealous hater in the NBA thread to gently caress off because he played basketball in the park twice. Which is to say it's great fun.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Piquai Souban posted:

I recommend the Kurt Metzger interview.

Thanks. The first episode I listened in probably 2 years. It was very good.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Jippa posted:

Obama seems like the perfect guest for marc. Congrats to him.

How so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Has Marc shown any interest in sketch comedy outside of thinking he should be on the biggest TV show?

• Locked thread