Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
Your option B applies to the recent Regan interview, too. I've liked his comedy for fifteen years but didn't know much about him. Marc was so in awe that the interview had a really interesting tone. Recommend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

Snowy posted:

At first it seemed like that was going to be one of the worst episodes, the way he wouldn't stop doing his schtick even when Mark was trying to help him out of his bits. If anyone else was as disappointed as me from the start, it gets better.

This happened to me. I stopped listening yesterday, but then came back to it today and finished it. There are some really sincere and heart warming stories. I felt really good for him regarding the Curbed story.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
I enjoyed that one, Andy Daly had some troubles but is a pretty normal guy that's just talented. I guess it may not make a dramatic pod, but having someone who isn't a walking disaster is nice every once in a while, too.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

yea but he constantly gets into flamewars. anything can rile the dude up.

I saw him and Gaffigan get into a little argument on Twitter because of cats. By how few comedians I follow (Basically these 2) I was thinking he must be pretty quick on the Tweet war trigger. It was about cats, I must say again. Mark insulted his being a family man or something and Jim basically tweeted "Are you serious? I was just joking around."

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

plastered quack posted:

I hope he plays it straight and it goes over really well. Tim's character bit has it's moments, but he's also been a great podcast guest as himself (as mentioned elsewhere on this forum).

I think he'd be a great "straight-man" on CBB.

I've liked his CBB appearances he's done, especially the one with Eric to promote Billion Dollar Movie. I'm just excited to hear his whole real story since parts of it come out in some interviews like on Who Charted? They have a really interesting take on comedy and, even though it's not for everyone, I am interested to hear how it developed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

Rabbit Hill posted:

Do any of you listen to the Mental Illness Happy Hour podcast? I see that Marc did episode 2, and the general theme is "how people in arts & entertainment deal with their baggage," which is what the main draw of WTF is for me, but I'm at work with no headphones so I can't listen right now. :v: If you do listen, how is it and how's the host?

It's one of my few must listen podcasts. Sometimes Paul Gilmartin goes a little beyond his reach and gets a little preachy w/r/t other peoples' diagnoses and current thoughts, but his heart's in the right place. I've had some e-mail correspondence with him and he really does care about the show and the people who listen to it.

• Locked thread