Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I liked the David Cross episode. I knew most of the stuff about his deadbeat dad and drug problems from his book, but it was still a good listen. I'm really excited about Chris Elliot being on this Thursday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

There are some biographical parts and funny anecdotes, but a lot of it is just written bits. Some of the bits were just reposted stuff from bobanddavid.com. I was a bit disappointed as a longtime fan of his buying it on the day of its release, but it's worth the 5 bucks it's going for on Amazon right now.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

This Kevin Hart episode is totally skippable, right?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Paula Poundstone is on the latest. This seems like it could become very very interesting.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Even if he only did stand up and had zero acting credits, an embarrassingly high number of Americans would still know about him from being married to Katy Perry. Kevin Federline became a household name, and all he did before marrying Britney Spears was appear in music videos as a backup dancer.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

The Kurt Braunohler episode is good.

And I wouldn't feel too bad about knowing who Tony Clifton is. Really the only way most people under 40 would know him is if they saw Man on the Moon.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Binowru posted:

I also recommend the episodes with Louis CK, Gallagher, and Carlos Mencia. Louis because it's just a classic episode, Gallagher because he's the only one who gets so angry he leaves in the middle of it, and Mencia because he finally admits to joke thievery.

It really isn't anywhere near the best episode or anything, but I recommend the Carrot Top episode. He has his opening act on with him, and he is such a huge sycophant that it's pretty funny.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Old Janx Spirit posted:

What do you mean?

It was an awesome episode, the perfect combo of subject I really wanted to hear about and guests who were great conversationalists.

They are both really old dudes who have done a ton of drugs.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

The Berzerker posted:

As someone who used to watch a lot of independent wrestling and have known who CM Punk is since like 2003 or 2004, I can say that his family has always sounded insane even when he was making $20 wrestling in a gym.

Edgar Wright was a fun interview.

Isn't he straight edge because his parents are terrible, abusive alcoholics?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

I'll second the CM Punk recommendation. If it matters, this is coming from someone who hasn't watched wrestling for an extended period since Stone Cold's prime.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Snowy posted:

No. After so many musicians and other non-comedians that didn't work out so well, Yakov might make for a good one.

Well the preview had a story about Andrew Dice Clay getting blowjobs in Marc's bathtub so it's a must listen to me now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

I like the Carrot Top episode where he has his opening act with him the entire time as some form of intimidation or protection.

• Locked thread