Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Glad my opinion about Matt wasn't alone. Jesus Christ.. this guy is a loving lunatic that shouldn't be allowed to be out in public unsupervised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

I've stopped listening to WTF. I haven't really cared about the guests, I've had a huge backlog of episodes, and just haven't been motivated to hear the same bitching and moaning. Maybe I'll just pick and choose based on if I'm interested in the guest or not.

He hit a dry spell for awhile, but the last 3---Molly Shannon, Michael Cera, and particularly Jeffrey Tambor--have been great.

But I usually enjoy the more well-known comedians/actors than the no-name or underground comedian podcasts, so ymmv.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Tambour's was so good because of how their chemistry melded over the course of the show.

It was blatantly awkward early on--something they discussed later on into it. That awkwardness made it great.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Totally with you.

She annoys the poo poo out of me, yet I really enjoyed her interview. She seems nice enough.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
I'm amazed the hate Maron gets for him interjecting. If anything, I actually think he's a good interviewer, he asks questions, tends to let people talk, and adds his thoughts. It's a conversation--not an interview.

If you want an interviewer that interjects and gives his lovely opinions more than letting the guest talk, move over to Adam Carolla...

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
I would imagine he was fairly disappointed with the interview anyway since he pointed out how Gilbert stayed in character throughout.

Interestingly, Gilbert's real voice was coming through early on, and he reverted heavily into his character voice as it went on, which was a shame. I don't know that it matters.. I just wanted him to break character.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Politicalrancor posted:

Old comics who get upset by "oversensitivity " typically are just assholes. If you're gonna say hurtful poo poo, own up to it instead of blaming the audience.

They're not assholes--they're old comics still living in the era. Their humor and jokes don't change, but the world around them has become increasingly PC and doesn't tolerate that type of humor much anymore.

Go back and watch Eddie Murphy standup for example; tons of jokes about "niggers, crackers, and faggots" everywhere, and he was crazy popular for it. Just different times.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

bobservo posted:

There were at least one or two episodes of USA Up All Night where Gilbert hosted the show in a completely flat, normal voice. Kinda creeped me out.

I would (not really) pay money to see that. I have fond memories of him on that show and that makes it sound even more awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Surprised its this easy to find.. if you really have to know.

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/marc-marons-house/

• Locked thread