Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Bundt Cake posted:

Gee wiz guys I don't think Marc's that big of an rear end in a top hat and he always makes me laugh and I can Relate To some of his neuroses. I actually liked his show better when he was doing worse which probably makes me some kind of bad mental health voyeur :(

I was kind of bored with his comedy album and never finished it, but I think he is very good at these long-term interviews and injects himself much less than most. Maron does pretty good at letting people talk and prodding them for interesting details. I do like his Adam & Eve shilling because it sounds so clinical and creepy when he's talking about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I recently listened to the Joe Rogan episode and Maron was really overt in trying to get Rogan to admit that him doing Fear Factor was a bad thing. He kept needling him and talking about how Fear Factor ushered in reality shows and was partially responsible for the dumbing down of America. The worst part was how in his pre-show rant he had to say how hosting a game show for a short time made him feel awful and whorish and he just wants to scream poetry or some nonsense. He just seems a little old to have that mentality (TV=bad, getting paid makes you a whore) because only the most insufferable of jackasses haven't grown out of it by their early twenties, especially when he shills for products on his podcast. I listened to the Patton one after that and he was talking poo poo about him doing some commercial in that one. I guess it's part of the pseudo-bohemian passionate man thing that he has going.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
edit - Nevermind. That guy who started this just seems to do that to bring the idiots out of the woodwork.

Ariza fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Nov 1, 2012

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

AFewBricksShy posted:

Her first show with Jon Benjamin was fantastic. I'll usually give her a listen if I recognize the guest. So far I haven't turned one off, and I've listened to probably over half of them.

If you're into fecal humor, Jon Benjamin has a fantastic story for you. I would listen to him reading holocaust stories though so take that as you will. I would like to listen to Maron interview him. They were both in the same areas doing standup and he's more relevant than Tom Green (i was psyched for that interview but did not enjoy it at all).

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Has anyone seen WTF live? Is it just Marc doing standup, using the name to help sales? It's over three nights and the site doesn't list guests so it doesn't seem to be a live podcast. I'm trying to decide if it's worth figuring out how to go.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

tnimark posted:

Did anybody listen to the Rob Schneider episode? Is it worth listening to? I ask as someone who does not enjoy his work even a little.

It's ok but kinda boring. They're friendly and it's weird cause Schneider uses non-swears (freaking?) which always creeps me out. Other than that it was interesting enough to listen to while driving though it won't do anything to change your life.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
He is pretty awful and he's even playing himself. I'll still watch every episode they put out because I like him making money and I dig the cable networks giving these comedians cheap little shows to do. It's still better than any of the awful big network comedian shows (Whitney!) I've seen over the last few years. I do dislike supporting Learys fake shithead rear end.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Auritech posted:

Denis Leary stole a good deal of his early act from Bill Hicks.

Combination of this and the annoying Boston Irish tough guy poo poo. I guess I prefer neurotic narcissistic assholes like Maron. It's dumb but I was obsessed with Hicks when I was an angry teenager and the Leary poo poo just stuck in my craw.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

RadioactiveKid posted:

maybe the third time's the charm guys

Isn't she 18 and certifiably insane? That sounds healthy.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

epitasis posted:

No and no.

Maybe that's Stanhope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Even if you have no idea who Geoff Tate is, the interview is pretty interesting. They seem to bond over having horrible narcissistic fathers and I find Tate's gruff trucker voice and odd cadence very soothing.

• Locked thread