Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
I guess as an aside during the Bert episode, Marc mentions that the pilot he did months ago for comedy central didn't get picked up. I had forgotten about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

He hit a dry spell for awhile, but the last 3---Molly Shannon, Michael Cera, and particularly Jeffrey Tambor--have been great.

Yeah, I really don't like Molly Shannon's comedy (or at least her characters on SNL) but I really enjoyed the episode.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Binowru posted:

I read the description and immediately knew I should skip it. Seriously, what the gently caress?

He's been on a lot of podcasts hasn't he?. I think he was on the Nerdist multiple times where Chris Hardwick et al gushed about his book

Billy Gnosis fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 28, 2013

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

synertia posted:

It's one of my few must listen podcasts. Sometimes Paul Gilmartin goes a little beyond his reach and gets a little preachy w/r/t other peoples' diagnoses and current thoughts, but his heart's in the right place. I've had some e-mail correspondence with him and he really does care about the show and the people who listen to it.

I do think its quite heart wrenching at times though so it can be a bit of a slog but worth a listen. (Episodes I'm thinking of are Kulap's, Anyone involving Paul's history, Maria Bamford's, and maybe to a lesser extent Dave Anthony (if you are a Walking the Room listener it definitely puts another spin on him ) ).

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Margaret Cho talking about Maron's gigantic dong

Its Margaret Cho. It would be more surprising if she didn't talk about dong.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Apoplexy posted:

That's loving awesome. Comedians fighting is the absolute best. The Zach Galifianakis and Patton (presumably from when Comedians of Comedy were touring) fake-fight was absolutely hilarious as well.

For the record, in case anyone wants to seek it out its called "Patton vs. Alcohol vs. Zach vs. Patton", and I think it was released on CD but I think is a little pricey now (its ~30min in length)

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

I forgot how charismatic I find Mike Watt. I'm not sure if someone who isn't a fan will like it, but it was definitely one of my favorite episodes in a long time.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

I can't wait until he asks the president, "Are we good?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

The "Probably Science" episode with Gallagher and Peter Serafinowicz was really good if only because Peter wouldn't take any of his racist poo poo.

• Locked thread