Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Today I made the switch to Chrome on my iMac. I have been a firefox user since 2004 but in the last couple of months it decided that I was not allowed to update without losing all my bookmarks (another story). So I changed today and it seems a lot faster, but there are still a couple of niggles:

- Is there a way to disable favicons on the bookmarks bar?

- How come I can't middle click scroll? Can this be enabled anywhere? I've not seen a setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Is there a way of replicating the ctrl+enter / cmd+enter functionality that basically every other browser has? i.e. I put somethingawful into the address bar, press cmd+enter and it puts in the https://www. and .com for me.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

baka kaba posted:

It does that - except it has a habit of doing autocomplete instead (like if I type 'you' and do ctrl+return it goes to youtube anyway). The omnibox is the jankiest thing

It doesn't for me, I type 'amazon', press cmd+enter and it opens a new tab with a google search for amazon in it. If I do it with ctrl+enter it does that but in the same tab.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I had a handy addon for firefox that showed me, for any given site I was viewing, the IP address, the datacentre it was in and the AS number.

Does anyone know if a similar thing exists for chrome? I am mainly interested in the AS number - I have seen addons for IP address but I can't be bothered looking up the AS myself for everything.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

AngryGuy posted:

Don't know if there's something better but this seems to do what you want.

Looks pretty decent, thanks. It would be even better if it displayed it automatically and was a bit more customisable as to what it shows.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I'm getting tired of adverts that display a page overlay ("before you go") when the cursor is moved up to the tab bar or something. Does anyone know if there is a way to block these? All my searches so far have only resulted in pages about the "are you sure you want to leave this page" dialogue box, whose necessity I can appreciate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Is anyone aware of a good way of permanently blocking youtube annotations on Chrome? I'm using it on a Mac and have tried disabling them in the youtube settings, and also adding both "youtube.com##.video-annotations" and "youtube.com##.ytp-cards-button" to uBlock custom filters. Nevertheless, I still see videos with annotations, as though I'd never turned them off. When I go and check in my playback settings on the site they still show as disabled. I've googled and not found anything interesting other than this extension which has overwhelmingly poor reviews relating to performance impact.