Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Does anybody else sometimes get 'flashes' of white squares, especially on sites that have a lot of youtube/other flash content? I'm using dev channel on OS X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

fyallm posted:

The only thing mine says is "The identity of this website has not been verified. Server's certificate is signed with a weak signature algorithm."

Then in the second box it says my encryption with the website is 256-bit encrypted.

Is there a way I can fix this?

Tell whoever runs the proxy to stop using a lovely hash algorithm :colbert:

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

I'm seeing the GIF problem too.

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Features aren't free; they cost programmer time to implement and to maintain.

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

ufarn posted:

Be careful with saving passwords in Chrome. An XSS exploit allows other people to easily intercept it: http://homakov.blogspot.dk/2012/11/xss-save-your-password-pwned.html.

This is a dumb 'attack'. If someone can XSS the login page, they could easily record your keystrokes as you type in the password.

e: Although I guess you could automatically redirect someone to an XSS page and use this. Still, it's not exactly the worst thing in the world. Any site that has this kind of vulnerability is going to get their passwords stolen anyway.

Opinion Haver fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Nov 29, 2012

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

withak posted:

The trick to manually managing memory usage is to never pay attention to memory usage unless your computer is actually having problems and is running out of memory, and even then it probably won't help.

But my gigabytes :byodood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Guy Axlerod posted:

Is there an addon that will automatically fix character encoding issues? When somebody's dumb website sends
code:
instead of
code:
'
I'd like it to automatically get substituted.

If there isn't a specific addon for this, is there a general purposed find and replace addon?

This extension is a general find-and-replace addon if you can stand the name, though I'm not sure if it'll work in that specific case because of character encoding weirdness.