Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat

DrBouvenstein posted:

Started having a weird problem with Chrome today. When I close a youtube tab, Chrome freezes. I have to close the whole window, then have the Windows dialogue pop up and tell me it's not responding. When I re-load it, it gives me the message it didn't shut itself down properly.

I have it set to reload all the tabs it had loaded when it closed, and the youtube tab comes back, but now I can close it and it won't freeze...but if I had any other youtube tabs open, it will freeze when they close...any new ones I open will cause it to freeze when closed.

I've tried other video sites, and so far only youtube is causing this. A reboot did not help.

Edit: Chrome version 16.0.912.77 m, Windows 7 professional, 64 bit, w/ SP1.

Yep same problem for me. WTF Google!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat
Looks like they are fixing the youtube crash problem: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=1fe8d66c8677d694&hl=en

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat

C-Euro posted:

For whatever reason over the past week or so, if I have a Youtube video running in a tab and I then try to close the tab, Chrome locks up and I have to force quit the program. Any idea what could be causing that? It seems that if the video isn't actually playing then the lockup doesn't occur.

Read this page of the thread. It's discussed.

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat

Factory Factory posted:

YouTube freezes seem to have cleared up for me. Issue fixed?

Yeah its fixed

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat

Misogynist posted:

Well, Chrome, it's been a fun ride for the last year and a half or so, but I've finally gotten fed up with your constant freezes, crashes and other stability problems. I'm moving back in with Firefox. If we're both unmarried by the time we're 40, we can get married, okay?

Thanks for telling us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat
It's mostly because Youtube sucks. I have 30mbit and it frequently craps out for me too. The funny part is, some high quality streams load faster than low quality on the same video. I think it has to do with the current server streaming the data and if it's bogged down.