Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

It will save your information if you use chrome sync, afaik. You can also enable a flag in about:flags where you can get a sign in prompt to log you in.

The real stupid thing is there isn't as far as I can tell a good way to update a site password. You need to delete the current password then save the other one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Anyone found a decent Google play music extension? Switching back to the proper tab just to pause something is getting a bit old.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Drevoak posted:

If you are on windows there's actually a program someone made to play it on the desktop. Its really well made, it has notification of whats playing and supports the standard media buttons so if you're keyboard has next/pause/play buttons they'll work.

That looks decent, I might look at it.

Is anyone else getting frozen gifs again in chrome? I remember before when I had this issue I think I fixed it by disabling pepperflash, but thats the only one I have installed now. It doesn't happen on every gif, which makes it irritating. Opening it up in a new tab works, clicking on it like I could before doesn't.

Tested on a clean profile as well with no addins. Windows stable here. My google-fu is only finding old posts from last year.

kri kri fucked around with this message at 02:26 on May 28, 2013

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Stereotype posted:

Why is Chrome so lovely at gif animations?

I have no idea and it's gotten even worse.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Not strictly chrome related but how in the hell do I remove a Youtube channel subscription of a person who has their channel removed? I obviously can't do it from the page since there is non, and manage subs only shows active people.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Disable the non-pepperflash one in about:plugins

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Droid Washington posted:

Has FancySA found any love or updates? User CP not being at the top kind of sucks, but I've learned to click Search the Forums, THEN User CP on that page. Still, one click is better than two!

Also, is there a way to set a page to 120% zoom without an extension? I have the Zoom extension, but it loads a page and then zooms it after so it's kind of jarring.

As far as I can tell, fancysa is completely abandoned. I asked about it last year but got no replies.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Whizbang posted:

What's a good alternative to Youtube Options? They're doing this and I'm not gonna pay $2 a month for a Chrome extension.

I use Magic actions since I can't expend the effort needed to install this youtube center thing.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/magic-actions-for-youtube/abjcfabbhafbcdfjoecdgepllmpfceif

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Sir Unimaginative posted:

It's not you and it's not beta; for whatever reason, for me, AdBlock Plus forgot all its subscriptions on Stable.

Yes, that workaround you posted worked to get ad-blocking back, but it's not a long-term solution.

Adblock Plus stopped updating for me and I switched to Adblock and its worked great and kept the filters updated.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Check if directwrite is on under about:flags

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

What are people using for hover zoom replacements? I am using imagus but I can't figure out how to easily tell the extension to not load on specific websites.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

WHats the current hotness for auto-hd for youtube?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

supermikhail posted:

Well, now I know. I mean, Google probably thought they were giving me enough information when they offered the thing, but after this hiccup thing I feel like I'm maybe among the journeymen. (But I'm ready and willing for advanced training!)

I added this. I'm actually among the (insignificant) group of people who would prefer the low quality option by default, and this extension is very useful. The only annoyance is that it doesn't automatically start a video upon opening and I haven't seen any options for that. But I'm guessing it's only my being unused to it that's the problem. After all, if I open a video in a new tab it's better for it to wait until I switch to the tab... And perhaps giving the rest of the page time to load makes sense, too.

Left click on the extension icon and you can set options there.

Also thanks for the recommendation I like that extension.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

wormil posted:

Thank you, I will do this tonight.

EDIT; did not help at all. Turning off ublock did not help.

Does incognito work?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Sonata Mused posted:

Is there really anything for Chrome on android for content blocking? A few sites I go to have those dumb ads that keep redirecting me to the Play Store.

Not chrome but

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=acr.browser.lightning

Pay version blocks ads. I used my google survey dollars for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Deviant posted:

Wondering about this too. What are people switching to now that Chrome continues to get worse?

I use brave, as I like native vertical tabs. might check out arc when its out of beta or whatever.