Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

I read through the past page and this one to check, and didn't see anything. Has anyone had terrible Chrome performance the past month or two? I am on the stable release, and an update a bit ago made the entire experience turn to poo poo. What I mean is I have a bunch of hangups for 5-15 seconds when switching tabs, i'll have videos freeze for a few seconds, and just general stuttering when browsing that is specific to Chrome. I keep around 20 tabs open, and have had that many before this issue cropped up as well with no issues. I have 64gb ram, a 3070, i've tried both enabling and disabling GPU acceleration, memory saver disabled and enabled, checked google for fixes, and generally came up with nothing. I run a 3 monitor setup and have an instance of Chrome running on each (One twitch or youtube videos, one SA/Reddit, and one watching thinkorswim or my investing accounts)
Just really frustrated I can't seem to find anyone else with this issue. I have no problems running games, or anything else that'd make me thing it's a computer issue rather than a Chrome issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

skipdogg posted:

YES! I'm seeing the same poo poo. I've got 23 tabs open right now, and the hanging is killing me. If I close out of everything Chrome it's OK for a while, but it's still not the way it was a couple months ago. Changing YouTube videos is the worst for me, there's like this red bar under the address bar and it can take 10 to 15 seconds to load the next video. I've uninstalled every extension I have except for iCloud passwords. Nothing else has this problem.

It's been so annoying I've moved a lot of my browsing to Edge which doesn't have this problem right now. I honestly thought it was this computer I'm on. It's an old as hell Optiplex with an ancient i7-2600 in it, but it's just my screw around on the internet computer on my work desk.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. Hopefully someone figures it out soon, it's such a pain in the rear end to constantly have these hang ups