Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

The worst thing about chrome isn't the memory hogging, its the fact that downloading something opens up a big loving ugly bar right across the bottom of the screen. I actually yearn for the old popup you got for downloads in IE7 and below. Is there any way to change this behavior?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I have this lovely extension that was recommended to me on here called Downloads - your downloads box that hides the ungodly Chrome downloads drawer and sends downloads to a button alongside the address bar. Its no longer in the store but I'm still using it fine. I'm pretty sure I can pack it as it is and distribute it to my other devices correct? Or is there a similar replacement? I dont need a full blown manager, just had to get rid of that loving drawer.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Ublock is set and forget for me. But it can be a nuisance with some things, for example right now trying to add poo poo to cart on monoprice and it just hangs. How should I go about fixing things like that without flat out disabling it for a particular site?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Something strange going on since I flattened everything and started fresh again. My twitter wont stay logged in, everything else does. Which is extra nice when you use 2-step and have to wait for a text every time you want to look at it.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Back in the early days of Gmail I'd quickly go to move away from that site after finishing reading or archiving any mail, but if I did it too fast I'd get a warning that changes wouldn't be saved if I proceeded with that action. I used to blame it on dialup, but that poo poo has remained to this day.

I was noticing a coworkers immaculate inbox earlier today and I'm wondering if this is because I dont use folders and my account is 19 years old this year. Or does this happen to others as well?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

All of you out there rocking tens of tabs constantly are monsters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Sometimes you're reading an article and halfway down they have a button to continue and reveal the rest of it. I'm sure this is some ad boosting trickery, but I'm wondering if someone can explain why/how this is