Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Did adblock plus stop working for anyone else on the newest beta?

e: Closing chrome and restarting didn't work. I guess removing adblock plus and reinstalling it worked. Weird.

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Apr 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

DemonMage posted:

Tampermonkey + YouTube Center for YouTube (though UserScripts is down at the moment of this post). You could probably find other userscripts for other sites as well.

[Edit] Since it's possible UserScripts is just straight up gone here is the github for Youtube Center.

Thank you so much for this. I just wish Youtube Center would allow you to block videos from people you don't like option. Anyone know of a good extension for that? For example, block pewdepie (or whatever his name is) from any of his videos even showing up on the page?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

This is not Chrome but gmail question, wasn't sure where to post this. I cleared my history and cache/cookies yesterday, and then when I tried to login to gmail, I have 2 step logins. So I enter my password and I wait for the text message code... never comes. I tried again about 10 times, nothing. My phone is the same # same physical phone I've had for 5 years. MetroPCS is the service. I can text other people no problem, send and receive.

I clicked the can't login button, and it claims that it will take 3-5 business days for them to get back to me, but how will they get back to me? Will they call my phone?

That was yesterday, still can't get the text code today too.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Once I fix this I am going to print out their back up code to use in emergencies like this.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Anyone else having ads play on YouTube? I have uBlock, adblock, and the latest beta of Chrome.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

101 posted:

Well first I'd disable adblock in case there was some sort of conflict, then I'd make sure all the uBlock filters were up to date then I'd restart Chrome and see if the problems fixed.

Removed ublock, restarted Chrome, then added ublock back fixed the problem. So annoying.

e: nevermind the ads are back.

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Aug 22, 2015

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Celexi posted:

....why are you using... two adblockers?

I only installed adblock because ublock stopped working for youtube.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

I guess everyone is getting the "please don't use adblock" popup now when you go to youtube?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Guess I'm not using Chrome with youtube anymore

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Oct 14, 2023

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

wooger posted:

This isn’t a thing, I’m currently watching YouTube in Brave.

Yes Firefox + ublock origin still works, but so does Chrome.

It seems like its off and on. I was completely blocked out of Youtube with chrome, but this morning its working again. :confused:

e: after watching about 4 or 5 videos, Chrome is back to being blocked for me. Brave too. It might be that I'm logged in the same account with both browsers?
Brave on my cell phone works, but not on my desktop.

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 14, 2023

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Klyith posted:

Ublock settings -> Filter lists -> click the 🕘 clock next to uBlock filters – Quick fixes -> Update Now

Thank you, that worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

I think Youtube might being using cookies too. Youtube only works while in incognito mode for me.